Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Box Reco? - 2019 Imagine 2600RB

Hi,

I am picking up my used 2019 Imagine 2600RB in 4 weeks about 400 miles away. Sight unseen :/. The dealer offered a "Battery Systems" battery with box and strap or $250 rebate. GD tech guy recommended a group 27 deep cycle. I plan to buy one locally, but what I am not sure of is the battery box/strap down for it.

Can someone recommend a battery box for standard location in the front behind the propane tanks?

Also... Any feedback on the battery welcome too. Preference for wet cell or AGM. We will have a generator so I figure one battery is good for dry camping.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Steve & Michelle
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2600 RB
    2018 Toyota Land Cruiser 5.8L, Curt WD

Originally posted by Chipmaker View Post
    Hi,

I am picking up my used 2019 Imagine 2600RB in 4 weeks about 400 miles away. Sight unseen :/. The dealer offered a "Battery Systems" battery with box and strap or $250 rebate. GD tech guy recommended a group 27 deep cycle. I plan to buy one locally, but what I am not sure of is the battery box/strap down for it.

Can someone recommend a battery box for standard location in the front behind the propane tanks?

Also... Any feedback on the battery welcome too. Preference for wet cell or AGM. We will have a generator so I figure one battery is good for dry camping.

Thanks
    Check out https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/ and Will's recommendations under the Battery section. While you're there, suggest checking out a lithium battery vs lead acid or AGM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Will's website.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	30218
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Chipmaker ,

My Imagine 2600RB was purchased with a group 27 battery. For dry camping in the early spring or late fall, and with the furnace running at night at around 68F (outside nightly temps in the mid 40s), the battery would for the most part be depleted at 12.0V by morning. Each morning we would charge with a generator for 2 hours and again in the late evening for two hours in order to get us through the night with the furnace. So if you treat your single group 27 AGM properly, you will be listening to the generator a lot.

As a result, the group 27 flooded lead acid is the bare bones minimum for dry camping with a generator for the 2600RB. Some will mount 2 group 24 AGMs on the tongue or if you want premium performance, the lithium option is the best. Up front cost on the battery with a dedicated replacement lithium charger will set you back for around $1000 - $1300 depending on the battery brand and type of charger used for a drop in solution. For batteries, there are many good quality lithium battery brands out there.

Jim
      Last edited by Guest; 09-19-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Your typical lead acid group 27 battery will last about two years with quite a bit of maintenance involved. A group 27 AGM battery will last 4-5 years and require zero maintenance. A lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) battery will last 8-10 years.

Amp Hours - You typically measure battery usage in amp hours. Here's a break down on amp hours typically available.

Group 27 Lead Acid - 45-50 amp hours (note, you can pull more, but possibly damage the battery)
        Group 27 AGM - 65-70 amp hours (note, you can pull more, but possibly damage the battery)
        LiFePO4 - 95-100 amp hours (note, most LiFePO4 batteries have circuitry which prevents damage if fully depleted).

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X