Command Center Panel Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Center Panel Removal

I have a 2021 Imagine 2970RL and we are out on our first trip. Electric side of water heater is not working. The electric rocker switch on the control panel does not light up when turned on. Gas side is working just fine.

I figured I would start by checking to be sure all wires are securely connected to the rear of the rocker switch.

Question: How do you, actually I remove the Command Center Panel to access the rear of the switches and wiring? Wanted to get some direction before I start prying and pulling.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

If it is the same one as mine, there is a trim ring around the panel that you pull on. It unsnaps from the panel, and then there are six screws you take out to remove it. Be careful, lots of wires back there are just on push on connectors that will come off if pulled too hard. There is plenty of slack in the cables, but pull gingerly.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
      If it is the same one as mine, there is a trim ring around the panel that you pull on. It unsnaps from the panel, and then there are six screws you take out to remove it. Be careful, lots of wires back there are just on push on connectors that will come off if pulled too hard. There is plenty of slack in the cables, but pull gingerly.
      Thanks ncitro ! Kind of what I thought but wanted check so I didn't break anything. I've seen some pictures of the wiring. Seems to be very methodical.
      Mike & Lisa
      Central Florida
      2021 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Rocker switches?

Mine looks like this (except more slide & awning buttons). I was surprised mine came with this, but I didn't realize it was that recent of a change.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Imagine-2400BH-Control-Panel-web.jpg
Views:	1747
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	30635
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        2021 F-250 (7.3L Godzilla V8)

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

Seems to be very methodical.
          LOL. While you're in there, make sure you not only check for loose fittings, but also for stray strands of wire that could short circuit.

Jim

Name:	Wire Problems.jpg
Views:	1459
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	30637
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

OurNewEra -- there will be "live" 12v on some of those circuits behind the panel. Best practice is to disconnect 12vDC power at the battery (remove the negative) AND disconnect or turn off the 120vAC breaker at the campground pedestal prior to pulling out that panel. (The converter can still supply 12vDC with battery off!)
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
              OurNewEra -- there will be "live" 12v on some of those circuits behind the panel. Best practice is to disconnect 12vDC power at the battery (remove the negative) AND disconnect or turn off the 120vAC breaker at the campground pedestal prior to pulling out that panel. (The converter can still supply 12vDC with battery off!)
              Thanks howson ! Most definitely will have no shore power connected and no battery. I certainly don't want to create more work.
              Mike & Lisa
              Central Florida
              2021 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

I was able to remove my trim ring using just my fingers. Be careful as there are 8 (if I remember correctly) tabs and you don't want to break any tabs if possible. I got mine off with all tabs intact.

Charles and Susan
                2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
                Andersen Hitch
                2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Wanted to post an update to this. Returned home today and was able to remove the Convenience Center trim ring and panel. The trim ring has 8 snap points, studs that snap into holes on the panel as shown in the picture (red/white arrows). So pretty easy to remove and the design makes it nearly impossible to damage the connection points.

I pulled the panel off and did not see anything obvious that was loose. There was a bit of debris/sawdust on the back of the panel and switches so I blew off the back of the panel and cleaned it up. I used my multi-meter to test continuity on the switch and it was functioning, there was an open and a closed. I reseated all wires to there switch and reinstalled the panel and trim ring.

The electric side of the water heater now works! Not sure what the problem was, debris on the switch or an 'unseated' connector. Don't know but glad the water heater is working on electric.

I will comment that I could not unplug most of the connectors on the switches. Not sure what kind of wire connectors are used (yellow arrow) but it seemed like they were locked on to the switch terminals. If anyone knows how to disconnect the wires from the switches I would like to know.

Name:	ConvenienceCenter2021-2970RL.jpg
Views:	1857
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	30877
                  Mike & Lisa
                  Central Florida
                  2021 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Working...
                  X