Defective Battery Indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defective Battery Indicator?

I have a 2020 Xplor 261BH I purchased new about a year ago. I accidently let the battery run down to 5.5 volts before I realized it and plugged it in. The problem is the convenience center was indicating it still had 2/3 battery left even though the actual battery voltage was 5.5 volts and none of the light would come on. Any idea why it would be reading incorrectly?

Thanks,

-Steve

Originally posted by stomasik View Post
    I have a 2020 Xplor 261BH I purchased new about a year ago. I accidently let the battery run down to 5.5 volts before I realized it and plugged it in. The problem is the convenience center was indicating it still had 2/3 battery left even though the actual battery voltage was 5.5 volts and none of the light would come on. Any idea why it would be reading incorrectly?

Thanks,

-Steve
    First, welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum. When you get a chance, please check out the new member's letter here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

To your question: That goes for fluid levels or battery levels. Why was the indicator showing 2/3 of the battery left? It might have read a "no load" condition. If you'd kept the indicator reading and tried to turn a light on I'm guessing the indicator would have dropped. Regardless, I would not rely on that indicator.

I put little, actually zero, faith in any of the indicators on the Convenience Center.

If the battery was truly at 5.5v it is very likely to have permanent damage. There are a plethora of websites that explain why a wet-cell should not be discharged below 50% of its rated capacity. Here's but one (Caution: lots of info!) https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/arti...ry-basics.html

There's a lot more on this topic if you're interested...but don't want to bury you with info at this point.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X