2018 Reflection 367BHS TV, fireplace and micro will not come on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Reflection 367BHS TV, fireplace and micro will not come on

All electrical systems / components on our Reflection work fine except now the TV, fireplace and microwave will not come on. All fuses and circuit breakers are good. I am assuming these are all on the same circuit so am wondering if the harness supplying power to these systems came loose. Any idea on where to find a wiring diagram to see where these three components get their power?

Thanks in advance---we have a trip scheduled in 6 days!

Originally posted by tugboat. View Post
    All electrical systems / components on our Reflection work fine except now the TV, fireplace and microwave will not come on. All fuses and circuit breakers are good. I am assuming these are all on the same circuit so am wondering if the harness supplying power to these systems came loose. Any idea on where to find a wiring diagram to see where these three components get their power?

There are a half dozen or more super-gurus here and I’ll bet that you’ll hear from one or more of them as soon as the day gets older. Good luck.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

As this is your first post, welcome to the Grand Design Owners' (Technical) Forum, tugboat!

GD does not have what most people will describe as a wiring diagram. What they do have is called an Electrical Plan. It is very basic and, unfortunately, not always accurate. In fact, the 2017 version that I am able to access does not even show a fireplace in the 367BHS!

The 315RLTS plan also does not reflect my trailer, so I outlined the circuits in my own way. Since the living room/kitchen area in our trailers is similar, I suspect the wiring will be similar, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Outlets.JPG Views:	0 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	30823
      As you can see, the microwave is on its own circuit ( yellow CB 2 ). The fireplace is on it's own circuit ( yellow 4 ). The TV is on yellow 3.

In your trailer (like mine) all three of the non-working components are in a slide. The 120vAC lines transition from "hard" wiring to "flexible" wiring through a connector called molex. There's a similar problem in a recent thread that has a lot of information related to your problem, so instead of repeating everything here please check out https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ng-low-voltage

Post 27 in that thread shows what was causing the problem (pinched wires).

Please post back when you find the issue! And when you get a chance, check out the new member's welcome letter: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Before you spend too much time looking at wiring, check that your shore power cord is fully seated. Mine had a burr on the threaded ring and it would feel like it was tight, but wasn’t. I’d only get one leg of the 50A at times.
        John & Kathy
        2014 Reflection 303RLS
        2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Good morning and thank you for the suggestions and information Howard. Something like "pinched wires" sounds plausible because it's a situation where we've had no issues with them before. Additionally, the refrigerator and radio (above the TV) still work fine and they are both in that slide as well. I will attempt more troubleshooting today. Will update once the resolution is found........

Thank you again,

Scott

Comment

Good morning and thank you for the suggestions and information Howard. Something like "pinched wires" sounds plausible because it's a situation where we've had no issues with them before. Additionally, the refrigerator and radio (above the TV) still work fine and they are both in that slide as well. I will attempt more troubleshooting today. Will update once the resolution is found........

Thank you again,

Scott
            The fridge and radio operate on 12v, Fridge must be on gas. Under one side of your slide will be a cable/ hose bundle that goes from the slide through the trailer frame. First look at that bundle on the outside for a pinched or broken wire. It has happened to others (recent thread). Now if everything is fine with the bundle outside, undo a few screws holding the chloroplast belly fabric to the frame and look for the molex connector (its a rectangular cube). It will be close to where the cable bundle goes through the frame. It should be tightly closed and clear. If it shorted out it will look blackened. There is a second molex connector inside the unit - probably behind the fireplace if that is the side where the wiring enters the slide.

BTW - have you had the molex recall done on your unit? You should have gotten a letter from GD. Numerous threads on it so try a search.

And welcome to the forum

Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Greetings to all. First, let me thank each of you who took the time to respond and share your wisdom. Good news is the situation is fixed thanks to Jkwilson mentioning about reseating the main power plug. I seriously would NOT have thought of that since I attached in the same fashion as countless times before--with no issue. I was set to undertake some of the other troubleshooting recommendations when I first unplugged and then plugged the connector back in (fully expecting no change). To my surprise--we are back in business. Thank the Lord it was not something else and again---thank you all for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it!

Happing camping all!

Scott

Comment

Greetings to all. First, let me thank each of you who took the time to respond and share your wisdom. Good news is the situation is fixed thanks to Jkwilson mentioning about reseating the main power plug. I seriously would NOT have thought of that since I attached in the same fashion as countless times before--with no issue. I was set to undertake some of the other troubleshooting recommendations when I first unplugged and then plugged the connector back in (fully expecting no change). To my surprise--we are back in business. Thank the Lord it was not something else and again---thank you all for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it!

Happing camping all!

Scott
                Glad it helped and saved you time.

John & Kathy
                2014 Reflection 303RLS
                2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Working...
                X