Furrion DV3300 remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion DV3300 remote

My remote has never worked on my 2019 GDR BHS311. I read somewhere that and individual had the same issue and discovered that the antenna was plugged into the IR Remote. I pulled the DV3300 out and noticed nothing is plugged into the antenna receptacal and something was plugged into the IR Remote. How do I tell whether or not this is for the IR Remote. Where does the IR Remote connection lead to?

Originally posted by Denali53 View Post
    My remote has never worked on my 2019 GDR BHS311. I read somewhere that and individual had the same issue and discovered that the antenna was plugged into the IR Remote. I pulled the DV3300 out and noticed nothing is plugged into the antenna receptacal and something was plugged into the IR Remote. How do I tell whether or not this is for the IR Remote. Where does the IR Remote connection lead to?
    Interesting question!

There's a remote control sensor on the front of the DV3300, so why the jack on the back? The manual doesn't address what it does (or how/when to connect it).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IR1.JPG
Views:	824
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	30988

Name:	IR2.JPG
Views:	973
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	30989

I found on Crutchfield's website this bit of info: IR Remote: The included remote control provides full wireless operation of the Furrion DV3300S-BL receiver. Supported control functions include Power, Source, Volume, Playback, EQ, and more. The unit features an IR remote jack to add an external IR repeater (sold separately) in case the DV3300S-BL is installed in a location where the front-panel IR eye is not visible to the included IR remote control. https://www.crutchfield.com/S-hDZgwj...V3300S-BL.html

So I *think* there shouldn't be anything plugged into the rear IR Remote Jack unless you've purchased the repeater.

I dug through my files and found a pic I'd taken when I had my DV3300 out. Sure enough, there nothing plugged into that IR remote jack.

Name:	My Radio.JPG
Views:	845
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	30990
    None of this helps with the problem--the remote doesn't work. Mine hasn't, either, and the DV3300 is so awful I just haven't bothered to figure out why. The DV3300 will be replaced at some point in the future. (It's one more item on my project list.)

Hope some of this helps.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks, Howard. That helps a lot! For starters, the antenna lead to the radio is incorrectly plugged into the IR remote. I'll correct that and see if it works when the sun comes up.

Comment

And just like that, all functions properly. Get great radio reception and the remote works!

Comment

Working...
        X