Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Room for four 6 volt AGM batteries in a Solitude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room for four 6 volt AGM batteries in a Solitude?

Greetings all. This is my first post (although I've been surfing this awesome site for a while now, and learned much). I have a new 390RK-R on order, with both a generator and factory disc brakes. From looking at pictures online posted by dealers of new units, there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for batteries in the battery compartment. This is compounded by the placement of the electric/hydraulic unit for the disc brakes. Do any of you have multiple batteries installed as described above? I removed these batteries from my trade-in fifth wheel. They were expensive, and I don't want to start over with that expense. It looks like maybe I could raise the brake unit up higher. Am trying to figure out loose ends like this before the unit shows up, hopefully sometime in November. Thanks in advance!!
    Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
    2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
    Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Welcome. I can not help with this question but I think you will have to implore the "wait and see" syndrome. The generator takes up a lot of space as well as the hydraulic unit for the brakes and also one for the slides and leveling. You may be able to move the unit for the brakes but I am not sure how or where they mount that. Also you will need to vent those batteries. There will be a factory vent on the factory battery box that you should be able to tap into.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

With the weight and displacement of the generator in that front compartment (and the money you're already putting into the rig), I think a couple of good 100AH LiFePO4 batteries like the Battle Borns would be the better choice - especially since you're already going to be putting over 3,800 lbs. pin weight on a single rear wheel truck.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

If you don't have room for all four batteries in the front storage, you might consider putting some or all of them in the basement storage and running the cables through the wall. There is a caveat though. If you do your research, you'll likely find that it's recommended to vent AGM batteries. Although they are much safer than lead/acid, they can still cause problems if there were ever an overcharging situation. But with a little ingenuity, I'm sure you could relocate them and vent them also.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X