Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling lights

Hello,
    We just pulled home in our new Reflection 2021 RSL 303, and now the ceiling lights won't work (only one work on switch/ app). No problem this am...interstate road all the way home...

I am not going to touch it and have the warranty voided...but...what would cause this???

Originally posted by Wroeder View Post
    Hello,
    We just pulled home in our new Reflection 2021 RSL 303, and now the ceiling lights won't work (only one work on switch/ app). No problem this am...interstate road all the way home...

I am not going to touch it and have the warranty voided...but...what would cause this???
    Do the slides work?

If not, check the big red "battery shutoff" switch. It may have inadvertently turned to the "Off" setting.

If the slides work but the overhead lights do not...that's something else. (Let's hope it's a simple problem.)

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 303--that's a very, very popular rig. Lots of very experienced owners on this forum to help.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Good day,
      I recycled the power to be on the safe side..all other items work except the remaining lights

Comment

Good day,
        I recycled the power to be on the safe side..all other items work except the remaining lights
        That's unfortunate. Since the unit is literally brand new, I'd suggest having it looked at by the dealer.

If you're a DIY'er and have the proper tools (multimeter, etc) fire back and there are several here that can help you troubleshoot the issue.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I'd recommend taking it back to the dealer as well.

As for the cause:
          • Blown Fuse
          • Loose wire that came off (either at a switch, or a light fixture)
          • Loose wire that came off and blew a fuse
          As howson mentioned. If you want to DIY it, we'll walk thru it, but if it's not a horrible inconvenience, bring it back to the dealer.
          Mike
          2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Yes,that was my plan is just take it to a repair shop to get it fixed... I was thinking if it was something easy, I would fix it...

Or if anyone had this issue.. just curious
            Last edited by Wroeder; 10-13-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Wroeder , Just to clarify. We are recommending the dealer because it would be 100% covered under warranty, at no cost to you.

You could Contact Grand Design and attempt to have a Mobile Technician dispatched if returning to the dealer is a hardship. This would require contacting Grand Design first, and I think there may be a charge for this. (I never had to do this, so I'm unsure).

I just don't want you to spend money if you don't have to.

Mike

Comment

Also, you describe the problem as one light works, but the rest do not? Does the light closest to the switch work? somewhere in the middle?
                Mike

Comment

Hello,
                  The light work that is closest to the switch worked....latterly the night before. No other lights work in the ceiling....

Comment

Hello,
                    The light work that is closest to the switch worked....latterly the night before. No other lights work in the ceiling....
                    That tells me a wire connection has come loose. The lights are wired in parallel, so if a wire came out of a wire nut assembly the lights will not work.

Take a look at this thread and you'll see how I repaired a similar problem: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-inop-easy-fix

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The lights are wired in parallel series, so if a wire came out of a wire nut assembly the lights will not work.
                      Tried to fix that for you howson , but this forum doesn't have strikethrough code.

To howson's point. The light I would start with is the one that works.
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post

Tried to fix that for you howson , but this forum doesn't have strikethrough code.

To howson's point. The light I would start with is the one that works.
                        No, they are in parallel not series. All the lights get 12v.

Here's what I think is happening. First a working circuit:

Click image for larger version

Name:	parallel lights.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	32026
                        Now a "broken" circuit:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parallel don't work.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	32027

Comment

Wow...!
                          This group is awesome! The information and assistance is very humbling....people taking care of people.. I hope I can pass on the goodwill in the future!
                          Respectfully,
                          Billy

Comment

Working...
                          X