Dual Motor Synchronous Velocity Slide Controller flashing red light 9 times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Motor Synchronous Velocity Slide Controller flashing red light 9 times

I just noticed that the box above my leveling system on the driver side hatch (dual motor Synchronous Velocity Slide Controller) is blinking red 9 times and then blinks green once. I am trying to find out what this means. Anyone have an idea?
    Andy
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2015 Dodge Ram 2500, V8 6.4L, Crew Cab, Laramie, w/Tow Pkg.

Originally posted by Andy+Mo View Post
    I just noticed that the box above my leveling system on the driver side hatch (dual motor Synchronous Velocity Slide Controller) is blinking red 9 times and then blinks green once. I am trying to find out what this means. Anyone have an idea?
    According to the Schwintek controller right below the light that you see that is blinking it states " 9 red blinks is a short to ground". This is on your controller as well. I would assume that you have a bad wire connection at the motor or wire harness.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I just went out to the trailer and the controller is for the bedroom wardrobe slide. I decided to try to operate it and by mistake I hit the retract button instead of extend. (The slide was in the retracted position) I heard the motor engage as thought it was going to pull the slide in and then it stopped. (I wonder if it was not in the whole way?) I then hit extend and the slide went out without any problems. I then went down and looked at the controller and no lights were flashing. Strange? Everything seems okay. Weird? Maybe there is a loose connection at the controller? Sometimes cargo slides around in the hatch area and I imagine something could have hit the harness. Have to take a peek at it in the morning.
      Andy
      2017 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

It is important when operating the Schwintek slides that the button is held for at least 5 seconds after the cycle , whether retracting or extending. This helps keep the slide motors in sync.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks! This is helpful.
          Andy
          2017 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

On my first motor replacement I got the same code, when we got the motor out this is what we found, a broken wire connection. Given that you had a code I would prepare for a motor replacement, you may not need it, but the flashing code is a sign that you have a developing problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	brokewire.jpg
Views:	2630
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	33449
            Attached Files
            2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
            2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
            E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
            Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

The coding of the controller is not perfect where I was also throwing a 9 code. The result was the failed gear reduction box on the motor where the current was excessive in operating the slide. The slide should be lubricated, and operated several times and the motor pulled for inspection. Especially while its working to allow for motor retention screw access. Make sure you test for which motor is #1 or #2 as the wires can be reversed. This can be done by disconnecting one motor at the controller and very briefly operating the slide to determine motor 1 or motor 2. This may require using the override function.
              I carry a spare motor and wiring harness in addition to two slide locks which I use to block the bedroom and bathroom sliding doors while traveling. I do not trust the plastic snap on door retainers to last over the life of the TT and will not wait for a failure.

Good advice from Dallas where the first sign of an issue, has a good chance in ending up with a motor failure.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X