Analog Fuel Gauge for Generator not working in Fuel Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog Fuel Gauge for Generator not working in Fuel Station

2021 397th-R Analog Fuel Gauge for Generator not working in Fuel Station, Toggle switch to r/side tank and needle moves, showing fuel, l/side (generator) side drops to zero.
    Inside "One Control" system inside shows correct levels.
    My conclusion: analog gauge shows r/side tank fuel level (gauge works) Inside "One Control" shows correct fuel level (sending unit inside tank works) Must be a wire connection to the analog gauge.
    Wiring schematic available for a 2021 397th-R?
    Sky & Coby (Retired)
    2019 Ram Dually 3500 Max Tow
    2021 Momentum 397th-R

A very wise, and very old gentleman once told me,
    “Son, 99% of everything I ever worried about in my life - never happened”.

Originally posted by mrav8tr View Post
    2021 397th-R Analog Fuel Gauge for Generator not working in Fuel Station, Toggle switch to r/side tank and needle moves, showing fuel, l/side (generator) side drops to zero.
    Inside "One Control" system inside shows correct levels.
    My conclusion: analog gauge shows r/side tank fuel level (gauge works) Inside "One Control" shows correct fuel level (sending unit inside tank works) Must be a wire connection to the analog gauge.
    Wiring schematic available for a 2021 397th-R?
    No, unfortunately there's no schematic (in the form you need).

There is a Grand Design Technical Service Bulletin (TSB number 19-001 date January 16, 2019) on a similar issue. However, the serial numbers affected according to the TSB will not apply to yours 2021 trailer.

The attachment is the pertinent info from the TSB and is for reference only--it may not apply to your unit as GD has made many changes recently due to new One Controls, parts shortages, etc. I strongly suggest calling GD Customer Service to confirm the information below before making any changes to your unit.

OK, but with that written if you're like me the first thing you're going to do is go look. I get it.

Please post again with the resolution.

Howard

Attached Files
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Just got off the phone with Grand Design spoke to "James". Being that 397th-R has the "One Control" system, the One Control reads the generator tank fuel level and the analog gauge at the station only reads the pump tank fuel level.
      So, "Working as Designed".
      whew... good thing I called, I was about to pull everything apart and fix it!
      Sky & Coby (Retired)
      2019 Ram Dually 3500 Max Tow
      2021 Momentum 397th-R

A very wise, and very old gentleman once told me,
      “Son, 99% of everything I ever worried about in my life - never happened”.

Comment

Working...
      X