Microinverter hacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microinverter hacking

I have found several sources for the SMA 240 solar microinverters, but none for the Multigate that is needed to run them. Has anyone experimented with these (less than $30 each) to create an input to "spoof" the control unit?

Originally posted by hempev View Post
    I have found several sources for the SMA 240 solar microinverters, but none for the Multigate that is needed to run them. Has anyone experimented with these (less than $30 each) to create an input to "spoof" the control unit?
    hempev -- there's a very active group on Facebook called Solar Powered Grand Design RV that might be of help. It's a private group so you'll have to request to join.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GDRV.JPG Views:	0 Size:	110.5 KB ID:	32179

I hope you'll take a moment to introduce yourself in the appropriate channel and tell us about your GD RV. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...introductions4

Also, the welcome letter may assist you with getting the most from this forum: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The SMA Sunny Boy 240 is a very advanced inverter. But normally, it's used for grid tie residential solar systems. I'm curious why you'd try to use that in lieu of an inverter which is more closely designed for recreational vehicles? For example, there are several options from Victron which provide cost effective RV inverter solutions, and they can be monitored and programmed via blue-tooth with your smart phone. And there are stand-alone pure sine inverters which don't need programming and can be purchased for around $400 for 2000 watts.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
      X