Transcend xplor 265BH wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transcend xplor 265BH wiring

Does any one know how or where I could get a wiring diagram of the Transcend 265BH?
    thanks
    Jason & Misty
    2021 265BH Transcend Xplor
    2007 F-150 5.4L V8 towing package

Unfortunately, the only wiring diagrams that GDRV has are very basic images that show the location of lights and other electrical devices. They don't show wiring colors, fuse locations, or other general schematic information.

You can call GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679 to request the basic drawing, but my guess is you'll be disappointed with the result.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the info. I called GD and they were no help. No wiring diagram.
      The reason I'm looking for a wiring diagram is that the new 12v refrigerator they installed cant be turned off all the way. The compressor can be turned off but the interior light is always on. Even when I turn the battery disconnect switch to off it still on. Any one have any suggestions on how to fix problem.
      Jason & Misty

Comment

TucsonJim -- is the 12v refrigerator hard-wired into the trailer or is there some sort of plug system for these new refrigerators? (I assume jnplant 's is similar to 'frig you have.)
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by jnplant View Post
          Thanks for the info. I called GD and they were no help. No wiring diagram.
          The reason I'm looking for a wiring diagram is that the new 12v refrigerator they installed cant be turned off all the way. The compressor can be turned off but the interior light is always on. Even when I turn the battery disconnect switch to off it still on. Any one have any suggestions on how to fix problem.
          Doesn't the light go out when the door is closed? BTW, you'll still likely have several parasitic electrical drains when you turn off the disconnect switch. Items like LP gas detectors and stereo memories are not shut off by the disconnect switch. My recommendation is to either remove the negative battery cable if you really want to stop all drains. Or even better, put a switch on the negative battery line to easily kill the circuit.

As a side note: I installed a DC refrigerator in my Reflection travel trailer last year and did a lot of experimenting with temperature control, current draw, etc. I provided an engineering report to GDRV which was one of the factors that they used to evaluate their usage in current RVs. What model did they install in yours? I'd be very interested to see how this turns out for you. I just finished a six day camping trip and my solar was sufficient to recharge the batteries by noon each day, even with the DC refrigerator.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            TucsonJim -- is the 12v refrigerator hard-wired into the trailer or is there some sort of plug system for these new refrigerators? (I assume jnplant 's is similar to 'frig you have.)
            It took two of us to get the old reefer out and the new one in. It came with a connector plug but since mine was an after-market install, I had to do some creative wiring to get everything in place. The connector plug on my Norcold is at the top of the unit and you would not be able to reach it with the unit in the cabinet. In addition, when I rewired my DC wiring, I ran everything through the battery disconnect so I don't have any loads on when the switch is off.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Doesn't the light go out when the door is closed? BTW, you'll still likely have several parasitic electrical drains when you turn off the disconnect switch. Items like LP gas detectors and stereo memories are not shut off by the disconnect switch. My recommendation is to either remove the negative battery cable if you really want to stop all drains. Or even better, put a switch on the negative battery line to easily kill the circuit.

As a side note: I installed a DC refrigerator in my Reflection travel trailer last year and did a lot of experimenting with temperature control, current draw, etc. I provided an engineering report to GDRV which was one of the factors that they used to evaluate their usage in current RVs. What model did they install in yours? I'd be very interested to see how this turns out for you. I just finished a six day camping trip and my solar was sufficient to recharge the batteries by noon each day, even with the DC refrigerator.

Jim
              They installed the furrion artic 12v fridge. Yes the light does turn off when I shut the door, but after I have used the fridge I would like to leave the door open to air out while i'm not there so it does not grow anything. An if I leave the door open the light will be one and drain the battery. I called GD and they told me that the fridge should shut off when the battery disconnect is turned off but mine does not.
              I don't know how the fridge is wired. I think the GD people told me it is plugged in to a standard outlet behind the fridge.
              Jason & Misty

Comment

They installed the furrion artic 12v fridge. Yes the light does turn off when I shut the door, but after I have used the fridge I would like to leave the door open to air out while i'm not there so it does not grow anything. An if I leave the door open the light will be one and drain the battery. I called GD and they told me that the fridge should shut off when the battery disconnect is turned off but mine does not.
                I don't know how the fridge is wired. I think the GD people told me it is plugged in to a standard outlet behind the fridge.
                Ah-ha, I got it now.

I used to have the same issue on my Cougar fifth wheel. On that one, I could remove the bulb when I left the reefer open. I'm not sure if you can do that on this model.

I'd still be inclined to put a true kill switch near the battery to stop all the parasitic loads from drawing the batteries down.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie

Comment

jnplant -- is the light controlled by a simple pressure or reed switch? If it is, a simple solution is just tape it down. Switch thinks the door is shut, light stays off.

Another option is to pull the fuse from the Convenience Center. I *assume* there's a 12v circuit for the refrigerator that passes through that board. (But...if the disconnect doesn't turn it off, that may not be true.)

If the trailer is wired incorrectly, might be something you'll want to fix (or have fixed).
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Pulling the fuse in the fuse panel does not work. I thought they may have miss labeled the fuse so I pulled every fuse an fridge was still on. So I think the fridge has to be hard wired straight to the battery. GD said I should call a Mobile tech to see if they could find the problem or I could take it back to the dealership. The problem with that is I use it for deer season an that started this weekend. So it will be used every week until after christmas. So it will have to wait until then to get fixed correctly.
                    I will prob just pull the bulb out an deal with it that way. Not ideal but I guess it will work for the time being.
                    Jason & Misty

Comment

I would have to think that the fridge would be one of the items that would be directly wired to the battery , or at least to a breaker right at the battery. This would eliminate the accidental shut off of the battery disconnect , if that would happen while the fridge is in use it could be bad and stinky.
                      I am confused as to if you are needing the fridge to be on then I would turn on until it was no longer needed then turn off and disconnect the batter cable or cables and leave door open while in storage.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The reason I’m reluctant to put on shut off or disconnect the battery is I have solar panel an if I disconnect the battery it will not charge them.
                        if I remove the light would that eliminate the draw when I left the door open?
                        Jason & Misty

Comment

The reason I’m reluctant to put on shut off or disconnect the battery is I have solar panel an if I disconnect the battery it will not charge them.
                          if I remove the light would that eliminate the draw when I left the door open?
                          Yes it will certainly remove the electrical current flow to power the light. but now I'm confused. You have a solar panel to keep the batteries charged up. But I can see where it would be disconcerting to leave a light on.

Jim
                          Jim and Ginnie

Comment

I have a 165 watt solar panel that the factory installed on the roof. I'm new to solar, I know the solar will help keep the battery charged but not sure if it would be enough to over come all the parasitic draws. I don't want to get to my unit and the battery be dead or damaged. I would like to be able to turn off everything except the solar panel so it would charge the battery while I'm away so I will be good to go once I return.
                            Sorry if this has gotten confusing.
                            Jason & Misty

Comment

I have a 165 watt solar panel that the factory installed on the roof. I'm new to solar, I know the solar will help keep the battery charged but not sure if it would be enough to over come all the parasitic draws. I don't want to get to my unit and the battery be dead or damaged. I would like to be able to turn off everything except the solar panel so it would charge the battery while I'm away so I will be good to go once I return.
                              Sorry if this has gotten confusing.
                              I think there should be a way to install a disconnect so that the solar would still the battery but there will be no battery discharge thru the trailer. Being as the solar setup is new to all this year we are a little behind on training to know exactly how they are wired to be able to suggest how to fix this so it works for you. If you could post some pictures of the battery connections or how the solar is actually set up in your trailer then we may be able to help you with a solution.

Brian
                              Brian & Michelle
                              2018 Reflection 29RS
                              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                              X