Noise from fuse panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise from fuse panel

I just got my 2020 Imagine XLS back from being winterized. When i got it home and parked it on the pad I hooked up the 30AMP service I have for it. I went in the trailer and there was a loud humming coming from what I am sure is the fuse panel, located on the floor in the bedroom area. The noise would decrease when I turned the main light switch off,
    This never happened prior to getting it winterized.
    I went and turned the battery disconnect off and the noise stopped. I
    I have always left my trailers plugged in when parked at home, to keep the refrigerator going and the battery charged. If I have the disconnect turned off, my battery wont charge and will freeze here in the Montana winter. I don't wish to have to have to remove the battery, which is one of the reasons I put the 30AMP service in.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Ron

2020 Imagine XLS
    2014 GMC 1500 Sierra SLT-2

Originally posted by jumper72 View Post
    I just got my 2020 Imagine XLS back from being winterized. When i got it home and parked it on the pad I hooked up the 30AMP service I have for it. I went in the trailer and there was a loud humming coming from what I am sure is the fuse panel, located on the floor in the bedroom area. The noise would decrease when I turned the main light switch off,
    This never happened prior to getting it winterized.
    I went and turned the battery disconnect off and the noise stopped. I
    I have always left my trailers plugged in when parked at home, to keep the refrigerator going and the battery charged. If I have the disconnect turned off, my battery wont charge and will freeze here in the Montana winter. I don't wish to have to have to remove the battery, which is one of the reasons I put the 30AMP service in.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Ron

2020 Imagine XLS
    2014 GMC 1500 Sierra SLT-2
    What specific model of XLS?

Note I removed the duplicate of this post in the "Battery Disconnect: On or Off?" thread. Best to have the conversation here, OK?

Total guess on my part, but perhaps the dealer let the battery drain down. What you're hearing is the converter running full tilt to recharge the battery.

By any chance did you take a voltage reading of the battery?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

This is a normal noise when the converter is working to charge the battery. And the more load you put on it (like turning on more lights), the harder the converter will work to do it's job. It should start to taper off as the battery gets charged.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
      X