Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inverter Question and scratching my Head.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenny, Hang in there! I felt exactly the same way with our first RV. The first week of ownership I found an improperly secured accent light on the nose and called the service department and let them know I was coming. I didn't ask, I told. Since it was a potential water intrusion problem and heavy storms predicted, I wanted them to fix it. I never went back for anything after that. Our experience with our Solitude dealer has been marginally better, but still nothing to write home about, but they were not happy when I told them that it would not be staying overnight for anything. On other stuff, Grand Design customer service has been great and getting me the parts I needed and thrilled that I was willing to do most of my stuff myself (gray tank valve replacement). I let (notice that word) the service replace the defective stove and do a few other things, and I had a flooring guy come get trash out from under the kitchen floor. The only way that your warranty work will be done in any type of a timely manner is emails (written records) between you and the service manager CC'd to who ever is watching your stuff at the mothership. At 1 1/2 years in, I have one last thing to look at, and the same type part failed under warranty, so hopefully they will be nice. This service problem is an epidemic among the RV industry with no real solution in sight, but Grand Design does have the best work around going with the ability for owners to use any facility or mobile tech other than CW. My other solution is Regional service centers operated by the mothership.

It will all get worked out.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
      Lenny

You picked a great RV! Don't give up on it just because of your dealer! My dealer knew nothing about the factory solar system when my unit arrived last year. They couldn't explain anything about it.

If the inverter still isn't working when you get your RV back, come back here and we'll try to help you troubleshoot it. There are some really sharp people here who may be able to help you. If the inverter is defective, it's easy to replace. You would be working with electricity so you would need to take basic precautions but it's a simple job.

Hang in there!

-Brian
      My dealer barely knows what solar is....and has no clue when it comes to lithium/inverters etc. They told me "no one does that around here...they just drag to a campground and plug up".

Sorry to hear you have had a rough go. I would recommend getting a wire tester and tracing some circuits yourself if you can (if you don't know how - youtube).

Or maybe see if they will refund money for the inverter and get a Victron =)
      2020 Imagine 2400BH
      2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
      X