No announcement yet.

More than one GFCI receptacle in 393G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than one GFCI receptacle in 393G?

Hi there.

We lost 10 outlets when my lady was drying her hair in the master bedroom on an outlet up at the front of the cab. All the GFCI outlets work though. I reset the master bathroom outlet anyway just for grins. Checked all the fuses. Checked and flipped all the breakers. Found an inline behind a panel next to the storage, it was fine too. Can't find any other inline fuses. Rebooted short power. Pulled the outlet out that she was plugged into to check for loose wires but they are solid as a rock.

I'm wondering if there is a second GFCI receptacle with a reset switch some where on this unit I cannot find. The only reset switch on a receptacle I can find is on the main master bathroom outlet. All the other outlets that are working fine on that circuit all have "GFCI protected outlet" written on them in sticker but no reset switches. Those are in the kitchen, 2nd bathroom, outside campside near the exterior griddle, and in the wet bay next to the Nautilus system.

Is there a second GFCI receptacle with reset switch I cannot find? Any other ideas to trouble these 10 non-GFCI outlets that aren't working?

nickandamandarv
    Welcome to our owners technical forum!

Losing that many outlets sounds like you may have lost “half” your 50A shorepower. Try using an adapter and plugging into the 30A receptacle on the post. If this brings back the dead outlets, the problem is one of the twin breakers for the 50A service at the post.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by nickandamandarv View Post
      Hi there.

We lost 10 outlets when my lady was drying her hair in the master bedroom on an outlet up at the front of the cab. All the GFCI outlets work though. I reset the master bathroom outlet anyway just for grins. Checked all the fuses. Checked and flipped all the breakers. Found an inline behind a panel next to the storage, it was fine too. Can't find any other inline fuses. Rebooted short power. Pulled the outlet out that she was plugged into to check for loose wires but they are solid as a rock.

I'm wondering if there is a second GFCI receptacle with a reset switch some where on this unit I cannot find. The only reset switch on a receptacle I can find is on the main master bathroom outlet. All the other outlets that are working fine on that circuit all have "GFCI protected outlet" written on them in sticker but no reset switches. Those are in the kitchen, 2nd bathroom, outside campside near the exterior griddle, and in the wet bay next to the Nautilus system.

Is there a second GFCI receptacle with reset switch I cannot find? Any other ideas to trouble these 10 non-GFCI outlets that aren't working?
      Unfortunately that is a floorplan that I don't have any drawings at my disposal. I'll try to get the drawings from our GD hosts ASAP.

In the meantime, I'm looking at a 328G. There's a GFCI outlet that looks like it is on the exterior of the RV, just outside the front door. Do you have that GFCI, too?

BTW--welcome to the forum. Check out Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members when you get a chance!

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X