Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimming Lights with an LCI OneControl (GD's CompassConnect)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giesis View Post

If the just 7-pin connected everything works like normal. Now, if I depress the brake pedal the slide and the awning don’t work. The interior lights and the water pump work just fine. My guess is the X180T is prioritizing the breakaway switch, just in case.
    Very interesting! I agree with your assessment. Note that the experiment suggests the REV LATCH outputs on the X180 board are disabled, but not the LATCH outputs, with the brake light input. It also suggests the input signal is +12v.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

OK! Now it makes sense. The 15A Latch (single wire) is most likely tied to the water pump. The 5A Latch wires are (most likely) lights. The two REV LATCH sets with wires are the slide and awning. The 30A is most likely the slide, 15A is most likely the awning. (This is speculation, but not a total guess.)

Do you see the two large SANYOU self-resetting "fuses" on the board? I bet they work with the 30A REV outputs (one which looks like it is used with the slide the other unused). There's other self-resetting fuses on the board, too.

The shot of the board is very interesting...but I think I was unclear with my earlier request. Can you post a picture of the control panel (the one with the switches and lights you use to turn things on and off)?

One note should you get curious and consider disconnecting wires to find out what-wire-controls-what-component: please do not disconnect the CANBUS connections in the upper left corner. The CANBUS is similar to the human body's spinal cord--the CANBUS is the "transmitter" that connects the "brains" to the "parts".
      My bad I thought you were talking about the board behind the black plate. Here you go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FDD2D8A2-06A8-42F3-87B4-7347F7193D62.jpeg
Views:	874
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	38096
      2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn, CC SB 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
      2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

My bad I thought you were talking about the board behind the black plate. Here you go.
        I'm glad I wasn't clear (my fault!)--the pic of the circuit board is awesome.

So based on the control panel (the "brains" in the CANBUS network) there's no doubt the REV LATCH wires are for the slide and awning. I'm convinced the 15A LATCH wire is the water pump. The four 5A latch wires are for the lights and water heater.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Giesis -- is it clear how the panel works with the x180T board? I can attempt an explanation if it's wanted.

Comment

Giesis -- is it clear how the panel works with the x180T board? I can attempt an explanation if it's wanted.
            Yes its a pretty straightforward system. We are leaving tomorrow for a 20 days trip, but once I get back I am going to start disconnecting some of those wires so I can figure out what does what (I'll leave the CANBUS alone). Hopefully I don't burn anything up.
            2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

howson - Today I spent a few hours opening panels and looking for things around the RV so I can map my electrical system. Right behind the TV there is a panel that I thought was stapled from the inside but it not. The panel was just there. Behind that panel I found the X180T. There a couple of things I am trying to figure out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B199431F-1ABC-4221-84DA-A9FF56408052.jpeg
Views:	1757
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	37989
              1- What is the Lockout Brake Light Signal for?
              2- Could the 15A Latch be for the water pump? I took every drawer out and could not find the fuse for it.
              3- Could the 15A Rev #1 be for the awning? Cant find the fuse it either.

Also, the wires connected to it are no secured with anything. I think with time and vibration they can come disconnected from the X180T. Can it be laid flat or does it have to be upright?
              Is that in the storage compartment near the control panel?
              Scott & Jenny
              2021 Imagine 2800BH
              ProPride Hitch
              2018 Ford F-150 XLT
              Max Tow Package

Comment

Originally posted by Scotthorn View Post

Is that in the storage compartment near the control panel?
                Yes. The back panel comes out.
                2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Yes its a pretty straightforward system. We are leaving tomorrow for a 20 days trip, but once I get back I am going to start disconnecting some of those wires so I can figure out what does what (I'll leave the CANBUS alone). Hopefully I don't burn anything up.
                  Have you had a chance to test some of the connections to figure out which one does what?

Mine is currently being stored, so I won't be able to mess with it for a few months, but I have the same asperations that you do.
                  Scott & Jenny
                  2021 Imagine 2800BH
                  ProPride Hitch
                  2018 Ford F-150 XLT
                  Max Tow Package

Comment

Have you had a chance to test some of the connections to figure out which one does what?

Mine is currently being stored, so I won't be able to mess with it for a few months, but I have the same asperations that you do.
                    Yes I started disconnecting things one at the time but not the one on the top left of the picture (those are not to be disconnected). I was more interested in finding what the ones on the top right go to and whether I have a inline fuse for the water pump. The other ones are pretty much self explanatory.
                    2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Yes I started disconnecting things one at the time but not the one on the top left of the picture (those are not to be disconnected). I was more interested in finding what the ones on the top right go to and whether I have a inline fuse for the water pump. The other ones are pretty much self explanatory.
                      My goal is to figure out the lighting so I can add dimmer switches somewhere on the wall near the control panel.

I'll post any information I gather when I can work on it.
                      Scott & Jenny
                      2021 Imagine 2800BH
                      ProPride Hitch
                      2018 Ford F-150 XLT
                      Max Tow Package

Comment

My goal is to figure out the lighting so I can add dimmer switches somewhere on the wall near the control panel.

I'll post any information I gather when I can work on it.
                        On my unit, the top right wire (5A) was for the lights. Every unit is different. Just be careful not to short any wires. That panel is not cheap. Let us know how it works.
                        2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

I'm glad I wasn't clear (my fault!)--the pic of the circuit board is awesome.

So based on the control panel (the "brains" in the CANBUS network) there's no doubt the REV LATCH wires are for the slide and awning. I'm convinced the 15A LATCH wire is the water pump. The four 5A latch wires are for the lights and water heater.
                          So this is the exact same setup that I have in my 2021 3100RD - except that I have two slides.

Can I assume that the output side of the X180 is the positive wire? If so, does it go from the X180 back into the fuse panel first before continuing to the 12v device? Is every output on this board carrying 12v? From what I can gather (without starting to take everything apart) there are only the two CANBUS wires that go from the control panel itself to the X180 - is that correct? I apologize for all of the questions; just trying to fully understand my RV in the event of problems and to also figure out the whole light dimming thing.

BTW my X180 controller is behind the panel underneath the bathroom sink - which makes since because my fuse panel is right on the other side of that wall in the bedroom.
                          2021 Imagine 3100RD
                          Northwest Indiana

Comment

Here are some pictures from the 3100RD setup
                            2021 Imagine 3100RD
                            Northwest Indiana

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Toczek View Post
                              Can I assume that the output side of the X180 is the positive wire?
                              No. The 12+ power connection is the input to the board.

If so, does it go from the X180 back into the fuse panel first before continuing to the 12v device?

No. The X180T board has it's own fuses (self-resetting). The board is able to use a single fuse for multiple devices since only one device can be powered at a time.

Is every output on this board carrying 12v?

Yes.

From what I can gather (without starting to take everything apart) there are only the two CANBUS wires that go from the control panel itself to the X180 - is that correct?

There is only one CANBUS pair that connects the control panel to the X180T board. (A CANBUS cable consists of two wires inside a sleeve.) The second female connector on the panel and board should have a terminating resistor installed.

Comment

BTW my X180 controller is behind the panel underneath the bathroom sink - which makes since because my fuse panel is right on the other side of that wall in the bedroom.
                                I would keep an eye on water leaks down there. I am pretty sure if the X180 gets wet it will not be pretty.
                                2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Working...
                                X