Hallway motion sensor lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallway motion sensor lights

2021 Solitude 380 F L. The hallway motion sensor lights come on several times during the night for no reason. How do I adjust or turn off?

If they are like mine, they have a three way switch on them. One position is on all the time. The middle position is off, and the third position is motion sensing. Try toggling the switch to the middle position.

Jim

P.S. Welcome to the technical forum. We've created a letter to help you get around a little easier.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

The light in our 2020 Solitude 310GK has no switch. You can put some black electrical tape over part or all of the motion sensor to reduce its sensitivity or defeat it altogether.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

We haven't noticed that ours come on without any motion. The cat noticed that they do. We have a different floor plan, but the lights are in the same place. The one at the front step is very sensitive to motion in our living room and your kitchen. I have learned with any motion detector item that they have sweet spots and almost dead spots. My thought is that Grand Design used something a little more sensitive in order to ensure that the lights are one well before you reach the steps.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

The Nicolls, 2021 imagine 2600rb, So my manual says nothing about switch position. ne side has a single line the middle is off and the other side has two lines. So which is which?
          flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Our 2020 doesn’t have a switch that I can find. I put tape over the front half so that it doesn’t come on when going from bedroom to bathroom. Does come on when you closers to the steps. Would turn it off, if we could.
            Doug & Barb
            2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
            2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
            No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
            Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by David Nicolls View Post
              The Nicolls, 2021 imagine 2600rb, So my manual says nothing about switch position. ne side has a single line the middle is off and the other side has two lines. So which is which?
              The single line is "on" the 2 lines is "motion sensor" , middle is off as you have noted.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by SolitudeAtLast View Post
                Our 2020 doesn’t have a switch that I can find. I put tape over the front half so that it doesn’t come on when going from bedroom to bathroom. Does come on when you closers to the steps. Would turn it off, if we could.
                A picture of the light would help us. It may be that you push the light to turn on and off.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

If your is like mine in our 390, there is no adjustment or on/off switch. As was (almost) suggested earlier, I would consider tape over the light, or maybe the sensor. The nuclear option would be removing the light and giving it a vasectomy.
                  Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                  Nash County, NC
                  2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thanks Country Camper, We figured it out by sitting and being patient while we tried the two positions. Funny there is no mention in the owners manual though. The Aussie thinks it is cool to be announced by the light turning on. Thanks again.
                    flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Once you determine which switch position is which, do what we did. We took a Sharpie and put a dot next to the motion side of the switch.
                      2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
                      2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
                      Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
                      FMCA # 489460

Comment

Originally posted by Starmike7 View Post
                        2021 Solitude 380 F L. The hallway motion sensor lights come on several times during the night for no reason. How do I adjust or turn off?
                        I have this same issue and think it could be a defective light. Once it goes out, a walk by it to the bathroom will result in it cycling on and off for about 10 minutes after returning to bed. Then it will stay off until its triggered again. So a slightly different response but still abnormal for operation. My lights have a three position switch with On-Off-Motion, if I remember this correctly.

Jim
                        Last edited by Guest; 01-16-2021, 09:02 AM.

Comment

We are on our maiden voyage with our 2021 Momentum 393G. The hall light on ours is hyper sensitive and comes at night on even if the BR door is closed. (Figure that out?) i thought that I would check here before going to extreme action.

Comment

Originally posted by dosnits View Post
                            We are on our maiden voyage with our 2021 Momentum 393G. The hall light on ours is hyper sensitive and comes at night on even if the BR door is closed. (Figure that out?) i thought that I would check here before going to extreme action.
                            The light in our bedroom closet comes on all by itself, too, for no apparent reason.

Noted that was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
                            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

One reason the light may be coming on is it's being tripped by a slight change in voltage when something is using power (thermostat calling for power, furnace or refrigerator turning on, other minor power draw). Since the light sensor is sensitive to movement and is always on, it may be interpreting a very slight change in voltage as motion. We've had that sort of issue with a motion sensitive light outside our storage shed at home. When it was first wired up, it would turn on every time the AC on the heat pump (located on other side of the house) would turn on. I was able to trace it back to a very slightly loose screw on the back of a breaker. A friend, who is an electrician, tightened up all the connections and the issue went away. He said he had seen this once or twice before.
                              2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
                              2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
                              Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
                              FMCA # 489460

Comment

Working...
                              X