Power to Furrion backup camera ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power to Furrion backup camera ?

I have 2016 321x with no power to the prewired rear camera mount. I have pluged it to the TV and turned on all lights with no changes. Does anybody know where it is suppose to get its power from ?

Originally posted by GetOnTheRoad View Post
    I have 2016 321x with no power to the prewired rear camera mount. I have pluged it to the TV and turned on all lights with no changes. Does anybody know where it is suppose to get its power from ?
    I am not sure how the 2016 models were wired and I am not sure there was ever a set way that any are wired. Some had power all the time from a fan or light fixture inside the unit. Others had power from the marker light right beside the camera mount. If you have no power at the camera it is possible to pull the camera a mount off the back wall and remove one of the close marker light and fish the power wire to that light. If you do move the power wire to light just tape off the stock power wire , this is what I did on our 2017 build model.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by GetOnTheRoad View Post
      Wow--I'd never heard of a 321X. (I literally thought you'd posted on the wrong owners' forum!)

Unfortunately GD did not provide us with any prints on the units no longer produced. I found it quite interesting that the floorplan is almost identical to the 337RLS and my 315RLTS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	321X.JPG
Views:	1125
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	37168

To your specific question--I'd have done the same thing you did since I've read numerous times that power can come through the TV light circuit. I'm sure one of the others here will have some ideas for you.

I hope you'll take a moment and read the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members The letter should quickly get you up-to-speed on how to get the most out of your time here on the forum.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My Furrion camera on my MY17 Imagine (manufactured in 2016) is powered through the RV battery. As a result, the battery switch must be turned on for the camera to operate.

Jim

Comment

I'm sorry that I can't answer or even constructively contribute to your question, but I noticed that this was your first post and wanted to say Welcome to the family and the forum!!
          Here is a posting that will help a new member with navigate our forum https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thanks to all for the info, just frustrating because its suppose to be Prewired ! Id prefer to have it connected to a 12v battery source all the time , not just plugged in to my TV.

Comment

GetOnTheRoad I remember seeing a post a long while back where they found the camera wired into the rear interior overhead cabinet lights. Might be worth a look. The best way is to wire it to the exterior clearance lights as suggested above so it wont be on and a battery draw all the time.
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

My 2020 260RD is powered with the running lights. You need the running lights on to use it. There is a device called a Liteswich 2.0 that you can buy to power your running lights while you are disconnected from your vehicle.
                John & Karen, RV Newbies
                2020 Relection 150, 260RD
                GMC Sierra Denali 2500

Comment

Ok, thats good info, I could see using a liteswich sometimes,

Thanks

Comment

Not sure if you finished this yet but you have a wire in your harness that comes on with reverse should be the center pin in your 7 pin plug

Comment

Working...
                    X