"V" LED on Front Cap -- When to Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "V" LED on Front Cap -- When to Use?

I have recently purchased a GD 2500RL. How do most of you use the V shaped led lights in front cap. They have a separate switch.

Thanks,
    Milton
    Last edited by howson; 09-06-2019, 06:30 AM.

I saw quite a few people leaving them on overnight during the National rally. But most folks prefer to leave exterior lighting off at night so they don't disturb their neighbors.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Agree with Jim, we turn ours on around dusk and turn off when we go to bed.
      Brady & Steph
      2019 Momentum 351m FBP
      2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
      *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
      *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

Comment

Jim is correct, they are so bright they can be annoying at night if left on. However they would provide good light to see when hitching up in the dark or for seeing things in the pickup bed.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I really don't use ours. I can see where they would be helpful if hitching or unhitching after sundown.
          2019 F250 Lariat
          2020 Solitude S Series 2930RL

Comment

Doesn't matter to us. Our bed is behind the front cap so we would never see it. We also slept by the welding light one night at the rally that was illuminating the area on the side. Did not bother us at all. Now those train horns? Lol.

I could see the awning lights being a problem if left on all night.

Jim
            Last edited by Guest; 09-06-2019, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Srobins
              Srobins commented
              Editing a comment
              I have mine on a dimmer and leave them on at night at a low setting.
          Working...
          X