Getting AC Power to all outlets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBRV2020 View Post
    You will never hurt my feelings. So I appreciate you being candid with me. I'm just trying to wrap my head around it all.

So if I understand Jim's solution and using what I currently have I would wire it like this:

Shore power > CSW-TS15 Transfer Switch > AC Main Breaker Panel > AC Sub Panel

Batteries > 1000W Inverter > CSW-TS15 Transfer Switch AC Main Breaker Panel > AC Sub Panel

And if I wanted to upgrade my system all I would need to do is remove the 1000W Inverter, Transfer Switch and converter.

Shore Power > Multiplus > AC Main Breaker Panel > AC Sub Panel

Batteries > Multiplus > AC Main Breaker Panel > AC Sub Panel
    Maybe. Since you have a 30A setup there's no need for AMSolar's SPS. The Multiplus will "pass" shore power when it senses it on the input, so at first glance it seems like it should work. But not sure if the passthru is limited to 25A? 25A assumes (and is the max sustained output) of the 3000vA Multiplus, so of course it depends on the Multiplus model you're considering.

Also note the 3000vA Multiplus requires three 100aH batteries to work at maximum capacity when on batteries. That's another whole story...for now just put that in your calculations for cost and storage space consumed. With a smaller Multiplus, less batteries are required but (again) not sure how many amps will pass through when on shore power.

Read through some manuals (I'll do the same) and let's compare what we discover.

Also note I'm not mentioning all the protective devices required in a properly configured circuit--we're at a "10,000 ft" view, not details at this point.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Also note I'm not mentioning all the protective devices required in a properly configured circuit--we're at a "10,000 ft" view, not details at this point.
      Understood! Thank You!

Comment

JBRV2020 ,
        Assuming you'll want to go with a 12v version, the two options appear to be the Multiplus 12/3000vA and Multiplus Compact 12/2000vA. (Interesting that the Multiplus II-GX and EasySolar GX don't appear to be offered in 12v versions. ???)

Both of the Multiplus' will pass 50A of shore power. For your 30A trailer, that's more than adequate, so I don't see why you can't use the Multiplus as the "transfer switch". I know a lot about this stuff but I'm not all-knowing, so if I'm missing something hopefully someone will chime in.

Multiplus Compact 12/2000

Click image for larger version  Name:	Multiplus 2000vA.JPG Views:	0 Size:	56.9 KB ID:	38058

Multiplus 12/3000

Click image for larger version  Name:	Multiplus 3000vA.JPG Views:	0 Size:	53.3 KB ID:	38059
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howard!

Comment

Working...
          X