Problem with GFCI on RBS30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with GFCI on RBS30

Good morning. We plugged an electric heater AND an electric tea kettle into our kitchen outlet at the same time, and now none of the GFCI outlets are working. We tried resetting the bathroom reset button but that doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Check the breaker in the panel box?
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
      Check the breaker in the panel box?
      I second this. Both of those electric loads probably exceeded the 15 amp breaker and tripped it.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have the same problem with my 2021 303RLS. Breaker didn't trip and reset didn't do anything. Could the breaker be damaged or maybe the reset on the GFIC outlet?

JK Hawthorne

Comment

Originally posted by ;n40979
          I have the same problem with my 2021 303RLS. Breaker didn't trip and reset didn't do anything. Could the breaker be damaged or maybe the reset on the GFIC outlet?

JK Hawthorne
          Noted that was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Can you explain with more detail what initiated the issue and what you've done to correct it? Do all the other outlets in the trailer work? Are you in a campground or connected to a home outlet? Have you been connected to this power source for awhile or did you just plug in?

The more information the better.

Howard
          Last edited by howson; 01-27-2021, 01:48 PM.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My apologies if I violated any forum rules. I just signed on for the first time tonight and saw a post on a problem i'm currently having.

1: Can you explain with more detail what initiated the issue and what you've done to correct it? I plugged into a 30 amp panel at a RV park in Prescott, AZ. The breaker on the tower felt loose when I plugged into it, but everything worked. The next morning I discovered that all of the CGFI outlets were dead, but the one with the reset button had the indicator light illuminated orange. I checked the GFIC breaker in the panel and noted that it had not tripped. I cycled it off and then on again and the outlets were still dead and the indicator light was still orange. I pressed the 'test' button on the outlet and the reset button and the indicator light still glowed orange and none of the outlets on the GFCI circuit were still dead. We moved on to Apache Junction, AZ and stayed in a dry camping site for two days, using a Honda 2000 inverter, and the problems were the same. We're now in a park with full hook-up and 50 amp service with no change in the GFIC outlets.

Do all the other outlets in the trailer work? Yes

Are you in a campground or connected to a home outlet? Have you been connected to this power source for awhile or did you just plug in? Answered above, i think.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

JK Hawthorne

Comment

Originally posted by n40992
              My apologies if I violated any forum rules. I just signed on for the first time tonight and saw a post on a problem i'm currently having.

1: Can you explain with more detail what initiated the issue and what you've done to correct it? I plugged into a 30 amp panel at a RV park in Prescott, AZ. The breaker on the tower felt loose when I plugged into it, but everything worked. The next morning I discovered that all of the CGFI outlets were dead, but the one with the reset button had the indicator light illuminated orange. I checked the GFIC breaker in the panel and noted that it had not tripped. I cycled it off and then on again and the outlets were still dead and the indicator light was still orange. I pressed the 'test' button on the outlet and the reset button and the indicator light still glowed orange and none of the outlets on the GFCI circuit were still dead. We moved on to Apache Junction, AZ and stayed in a dry camping site for two days, using a Honda 2000 inverter, and the problems were the same. We're now in a park with full hook-up and 50 amp service with no change in the GFIC outlets.

Do all the other outlets in the trailer work? Yes

Are you in a campground or connected to a home outlet? Have you been connected to this power source for awhile or did you just plug in? Answered above, i think.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

JK Hawthorne
              I’d suspect you have a bad GFCI outlet. That or you have a problem device plugged into an outlet somewhere. Check all the outlets on the GFCI circuit, if everything is unplugged from all of them then replace the outlet and see if a new one fixes the problem. If it does not then you have a short in your wiring.
              Last edited by howson; 01-27-2021, 01:48 PM.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thank you, Sir! That was my next move. I appreciate your input.

Comment

JK -- there's a Parts Lookup link on the menu bar above. When I looked at the list for your '21 Reflection, the following GFCI is the one used in your unit: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/30502

Google says it's a standard residential GFCI: https://www.gescan.com/products/24-s...ceptacle-black

Good luck with your troubleshooting and please post back with what you find.

Howard
                  Last edited by howson; 01-27-2021, 01:47 PM. Reason: Removed email name reference...

Comment

Thanks much, Howard! Jim changed my username for me. I’m now Papaw.

JK Hawthorne

Comment

Originally posted by Papaw View Post
                      Thanks much, Howard! Jim changed my username for me. I’m now Papaw.

JK Hawthorne
                      You are most welcome. I went back and edited out all the references to your prior username (that was an email address--which is usually not a good practice on an open forum)!

Howard

Comment

Turned out to be a faulty outlet. Must have damaged it at the previous park. Replaced the outlet and all of the others ‘downstream’ are back to functioning as normal. Anyone with a screw driver can do it. Just kill the power at the main breaker and make sure to identify ‘load’ and ‘line’ wires and put them in the right places.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Papaw View Post
                          Turned out to be a faulty outlet. Must have damaged it at the previous park. Replaced the outlet and all of the others ‘downstream’ are back to functioning as normal. Anyone with a screw driver can do it. Just kill the power at the main breaker and make sure to identify ‘load’ and ‘line’ wires and put them in the right places.

thanks
                          Glad that took care of it, thanks for the update.

Neil Citro
                          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                          X