12v DC source for bedroom HDTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v DC source for bedroom HDTV

I'm looking at installing a 12V DC Jensen HDTV in the bedroom of our Imagine 2600RB and am looking for an uninterupted DC power source. The lights won't work since there's no power if they're off. I'm thinking of the power for the overhead fan, though I'm not sure there is power there (vent over the bed, no fan). Would the power at the midship fan be reachable? Or does anyone know if there's a closer, easier to reach source?
    2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
    2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
    FMCA # 489460

The inner trim ring around the vent is easy to drop without disturbing anything else. If you do this, you can have a look around inside the ceiling space, to see what might be available. Do you have an antenna booster in the bedroom ceiling ? This would have 12V supply.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Running from Gnats View Post
      I'm looking at installing a 12V DC Jensen HDTV in the bedroom of our Imagine 2600RB and am looking for an uninterupted DC power source. The lights won't work since there's no power if they're off. I'm thinking of the power for the overhead fan, though I'm not sure there is power there (vent over the bed, no fan). Would the power at the midship fan be reachable? Or does anyone know if there's a closer, easier to reach source?
      Like Rob says drop the ring and check, but if you're prewired for a front AC there will be a 12v fed up there for sure.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
      X