6 volt battery install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 volt battery install

Thought some of you might be interested in this ultra high tech battery swap, please note the top of the line inverter ( pretty fancy aye). Took out the single group 27 DC and added 4 Interstate 6 volt golf cart batteries. Found this high dollar storage container at Lowe’s and watched a YouTube video. This is simple, I think next upgrade will solar and a small nuclear generator. LOL
    Better Watch out TucsonJim, they will be wanting me to do the next presentation at the national rally. Just kidding you are still my solar hero.

Steve
    Steve and Connie Mitchell
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    2017 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SRW Cummins Diesel
    2020 Solitude S Class 2930 RL

Lol. You made it work for you. If you make that nuke generator work, I'll help you patent it (for a small fee).
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have most of the parts, it’s the plutonium that seems to be the problem.
      Box Elder, South Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Flat top View Post
        I have most of the parts, it’s the plutonium that seems to be the problem.
        These days most any political discussion will generate enough energy to recharge those batteries, if you can capture it.

Nice job... how many amp-hours do you have, and how much weight? Did you reinforce the floor of the compartment? Did you replace your converter?
        Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

There are 420 Amp hrs total. There is a brace under the battery box , so plenty of support. As for the converter, I still have the 55 amp WFCO. Will probably swap it out later with a 100 amp 3 phase later. I need to save a few buck and do a disc brake conversion first.
          Box Elder, South Dakota

Comment

Hi Steve,

I assume that not venting the battery box to outside the front compartment is a choice that you have made and not just a misunderstanding of why the original battery box was vented this way.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              Hi Steve,

I assume that not venting the battery box to outside the front compartment is a choice that you have made and not just a misunderstanding of why the original battery box was vented this way.

Rob
              Are you saying his vent isn't sufficient like that? He does have a vent tube attached to the yellow lid.
              Paul and Deb Cervone
              2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
              2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
              2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post

Are you saying his vent isn't sufficient like that? He does have a vent tube attached to the yellow lid.
                Hi Paul (& Steve),

I completely missed the vent hose attachment to the lid. It would be better if the "dome" of the lid made sure that any hydrogen off gassing went up the vent hose, but the intent of this lid vent connection is correct.

The best version of this is where the bin is turned upside down. The batteries are strapped to the inverted lid and the bin with its vent connection is placed upside down over the batteries. This makes sure that any vented hydrogen from the batteries has no exit path other than into the upside down tub and out the vent tube.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Rob, the box is vented out the floor and out the top, so everything should be safe.
                  Box Elder, South Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Flat top View Post
                    Rob, the box is vented out the floor and out the top, so everything should be safe.
                    Hi Steve,

You are absolutely correct. I didn't look closely enough at your pictures.

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X