power source for Furrion backup camera pre-installed mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power source for Furrion backup camera pre-installed mount

Where is the power source for the Furrion backup camera mount that is pre-installed? On my 2018 310GK it was always on but on my 344GK I have no power to the plug. I tried connecting to the truck (heard they changed from always on to only on when connected to two vehicle).

Jeff & JoAnn
    Solitude 344GK (2019)
    F350 DRW (2018)
    Jeff & JoAnn Sibley
    Solitude 344GK (2019)
    F350 DRW (2018)

Originally posted by Jeff Sibley View Post
    Where is the power source for the Furrion backup camera mount that is pre-installed? On my 2018 310GK it was always on but on my 344GK I have no power to the plug. I tried connecting to the truck (heard they changed from always on to only on when connected to two vehicle).

Jeff & JoAnn
    Solitude 344GK (2019)
    F350 DRW (2018)
    Turn your lights on.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

• Jeff Sibley
      Jeff Sibley commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks JW but I did try this when it was connected to the truck, sorry I didn't make this clear in my original post.
      * I know I can connect the wiring to a marker light (have done this on a past trailer and may go back to this configuration if I don' successfully resolve this issue).

The Furrion connection has come from the factory in a number of different ways. I have NOT heard that simply plugging into the tow vehicle powers it. Often it's connected to the marker lights, so as Jkwilson advised plug into your truck and turn on its lights. At least once it has been connected to the kitchen fan circuit (!!) and other times to other hot wires. Mine wasn't connected to anything - connection had been broken, probably when it was stuffed into the cavity at the factory.

If turning on the marker lights of the trailer doesn't work, get out yer ladder and multimeter. You won't be the first to have to do it. Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

On my 349M the camera was not connected from the GD factory. There was only one wire connected.
      the other wire had pulled out of the improper connection.
      So I just fished a marker wire out and got power that way.
      I dont care for the idea that the camera is always on..
      To much drain on the battery when dry camping...

Comment

On my 2019 375RES the switch that turns on the front LED lights powered the two front cameras. The "door" camera bracket on the back was on all the time.

i switched the power over to the running lights so the cameras are all on when the running lights are on.
        2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD
        2019 GD Solitude 375RES-R

Comment

FWIW: On both my old Heartland and my current GD, the TV headlights must be on.
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
          GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
          SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
            FWIW: On both my old Heartland and my current GD, the TV headlights must be on.
            Man you are all over this forum . I was searching to see how the camera prep was wired and you already had the answer. Thanks for confirming that the Imagine 2250RK has the power coming from the marker lights at least in your unit. Hope mine is the same.
            Dave and Susan
            Imagine 2250RK
            2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

You may need to be sure your battery disconnect is not turned off. I vaguely remember it needs to be on.
              Hope this helps
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Jeff & JoAnn
                Solitude 344GK (2019)
                F350 DRW (2018)
                Its crazy that this has not been resolved or if has been I have not heard. On my 19 310GK it was powered all the time. I found the connection at right rear (if your looking at the rear from inside) wall sconce light. I bought toggle switch and wired it to that so that I can turn it on or off as needed.

Comment

Jeff & JoAnn
                  Solitude 344GK (2019)
                  F350 DRW (2018)
                  A bit late to the party here on this thread but if you want to install an OEM Furrion camera to this unit it will be powered through use of the TV headlights switch. However, some vehicles as for example our Audi, would only power the camera for a short period of time before I would have to cycle the camera monitor on and off. Contacting Furrion, they suggested a pigtail, (has a switch in it) installed between the factory 7-pin and trailer wire which of course was not even available yet. Solution; hardwired a switch mounted to the underside of the front a-frame so that the running lights are always on while traveling. Like another poster said, make sure your battery switch is on in the storage compartment.
                  Mark and Lyne
                  2019 Imagine 2250RK
                  2017 Audi Q7 Premium w/factory tow Pkg
                  2 cats, (our kids!) travel with us. Eastvale, Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by M&Lcamping View Post

A bit late to the party here on this thread but if you want to install an OEM Furrion camera to this unit it will be powered through use of the TV headlights switch. However, some vehicles as for example our Audi, would only power the camera for a short period of time before I would have to cycle the camera monitor on and off. Contacting Furrion, they suggested a pigtail, (has a switch in it) installed between the factory 7-pin and trailer wire which of course was not even available yet. Solution; hardwired a switch mounted to the underside of the front a-frame so that the running lights are always on while traveling. Like another poster said, make sure your battery switch is on in the storage compartment.
                    Mark, I am interested in doing this can you get a photo so I can wrap my head around what you described? I was just planning on running with my headlights on so the running lights are on. But if there is a better way...
                    Dave and Susan
                    Imagine 2250RK
                    2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

You bet Dave, I have it in a storage spot about 2 miles from the house but will take some pictures and roll them to you. In the meantime, the switch is close to the junction box where your battery power and several wires for the TT roll through it. I found the wire the feeds the camera circuit, (is part of the running light circuit) and spliced into that. To save you some time, I'll remove the junction box plate and take a picture of which green wire it is as there are several.
                      Mark and Lyne
                      2019 Imagine 2250RK

Comment

Originally posted by S&D's Immy View Post
                        Mark, I am interested in doing this can you get a photo so I can wrap my head around what you described? I was just planning on running with my headlights on so the running lights are on. But if there is a better way...
                        Dave, here are some photos for you. I was going to wait until the 7-pin pigtail from Furrion was in production so just zip-tied the switch to the frame but I might just make this more formal now and place the switch in a box. The pictures have notes and arrows but let me know if you need more info. Should be 6 photos
                        Mark and Lyne
                        2019 Imagine 2250RK

Comment

Originally posted by M&Lcamping View Post

Dave, here are some photos for you. I was going to wait until the 7-pin pigtail from Furrion was in production so just zip-tied the switch to the frame but I might just make this more formal now and place the switch in a box. The pictures have notes and arrows but let me know if you need more info. Should be 6 photos
                          Mark, Thanks much for the detailed pictures. I think I have it now. When the switch is in the on position the running lights and camera will be running form the “trailer” battery (only when no vehicle is attached). In the off position they would running from the vehicle when the headlights are on. Seems to be a quick and simple solution. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to get the pictures, I really appreciate it.
                          Dave and Susan
                          Imagine 2250RK
                          2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by S&D's Immy View Post

Mark, Thanks much for the detailed pictures. I think I have it now. When the switch is in the on position the running lights and camera will be running form the “trailer” battery (only when no vehicle is attached). In the off position they would running from the vehicle when the headlights are on. Seems to be a quick and simple solution. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to get the pictures, I really appreciate it.
                            You are very welcome; So one final note, I leave them on while traveling and then turn the switch off once at the campsite and leveled out. Now that is how it best works when attached to my vehicle which has tow connection software that alters the transmission mode, rear bumper sensors and more so you'll have to experiment as far as switch position with your TV.
                            Mark and Lyne
                            2019 Imagine 2250RK

Comment

Working...
                            X