No announcement yet.

Is this enough generator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike, thanks. I thought it might be something like that. Appreciate it.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

Comment

I have 2 General GP2200i generators with a parallel kit. Will I be able to run everything including AC on my.22mle. The parallel kit has a RV 30 amp plug
      Brad & Vicki
      2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
      2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by bv11fishing View Post
        I have 2 General GP2200i generators with a parallel kit. Will I be able to run everything including AC on my.22mle. The parallel kit has a RV 30 amp plug
        Brad, 1700 x 2 and I found this. https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/co...watts-amps.php
        Bill & Cindy
        2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
        2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
        SE Texas

Comment

Good morning. Looking for some "real world" experiences on portable inverter generators. I am looking to purchase a new portable unit rated at around 2200 running watts and parallel ready for a second similar unit to be purchased down the road. Currently looking at the following units; Cummins Onan P2500i, Generac GP2500i, and the Westinghouse iGen2600. Any experience regarding quality, usage and issues with these units would be greatly appreciated.
          Mark & Ellen
          2020 Reflection 337RLS
          2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

Real world. Quite a few of use use "Dual-Fuel" generators, or traditional generators that have propane adaptors fitted to them. You loose a little of the "ummph" (lower running watts) but you don't have to carry fuel, nor worry about the carburetor gumming up.

We have a thread on that over here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/propane...ropane-adapter with parts to buy to convert it to connect it to the low pressure port on the camper (so you use the camper's propane)

The models you've listed, I've researched pretty extensively.

The Cummins Onan is only a few months old, but the brand name itself is the gold standard.
            Generac and Westinghouse have been on the market for at least 2 years

They all have very similar designs, and are all well respected brands. Each has small feature differences. (Fuel gauges, digital readouts).

Note, if you are looking to run an AC on a 2500, you'll need a Microair Easystart 364 so that it can overcome the startup draw
            Mike
            2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

mpking Thanks Mike. I did give some thought to a dual fuel setup with propane. However, we feel more comfortable just going with the single fuel gas type. Use of the Microair Easystart is a neat idea, but it is rather expensive. We don't plan on running the AC from the generator. But down the road if we plan to go off grid, we will add the second generator and a parallel kit. Appreciate the feedback on the three units. I'm leaning towards the Onan unit but have heard of some issues with the gas cap threads not being cut properly. Hopefully they have taken care of those.
              Mark & Ellen
              2020 Reflection 337RLS
              2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

Working...
              X