Extend Ground Effect Lighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extend Ground Effect Lighting?

Moderator note: copied partial post from Product Suggestions channel. -Howard
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the lighted area under my 2021 Momentum 353G. Can the light strip be lengthened, improving the Total Ground Effects? I would like to add more lights, but don’t want to over load circuit?
    Last edited by howson; 02-18-2021, 07:55 AM.

What type are ground effect lights and can they be lengthened?

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
      What type are ground effect lights and can they be lengthened?
      I'm sure they are LEDs. Tracing back to where they are wired to power should be fairly easy. There are many sources of this type of LED online through Amazon or any number of online retailers.

What I'm trying to write is it might be better to replace the lights with a string the length desired instead of trying to add on to the existing string. Look for an LED string that has an exterior IP rating (IP65 will probably work).

I tried to find the exact LED used but the parts website isn't working for me from my work computer.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I love the lighted area under my 2021 Momentum 353G. Can the light strip be lengthened, improving the Total Ground Effects? I would like to add more lights, but don’t want to over load circuit?
        I added extra lighting underneath. I ordered it from the local Grand Designs dealer so it matched what was installed at the factory. It was reasonably priced so I didn’t bother with Amazon.
        Last edited by howson; 02-22-2021, 09:08 AM. Reason: Fixed quote
        Jon & Melanie Nichols
        Dover, DE
        2019 Solitude 372WB-R
        2023 GMC

Comment

Working...
        X