Battery Lug Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Lug Size

I've decided to install a separate battery cut off switch and I'm ordering a new battery cable. My rig is elsewhere, so to save me a trip to storage, can anyone confirm that the lug size to the positive cable is 5/16? Also, that the correct wire is 6 gauge. Thanks,

2021 Reflection MB 31
    2021 Reflection MB 31
    Ford F-250 Crew Cab Turbo Diesel B & W Slider

Originally posted by ckramer1000 View Post
    I've decided to install a separate battery cut off switch and I'm ordering a new battery cable. My rig is elsewhere, so to save me a trip to storage, can anyone confirm that the lug size to the positive cable is 5/16? Also, that the correct wire is 6 gauge. Thanks,

2021 Reflection MB 31
    Good morning and welcome to the form. To help I believe we need more information. Not all lugs are created equal. Do you know the brand of battery you have and group size. Are you running just the one battery? Also what is the distance your planning to run the wire. That will make a difference in the gauge needed

Hope this helps

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks Keith. The unit has two batteries, I believe group 27 I don't have the brand as the unit is elsewhere. The wire will be short, as I will mount the cut off switch wot the top of the battery case, so I'm thinking 6 gauge will be fine.

I may just have to go check the actual connections, but I was trying to gather everything I needed beforehand to just make one trip. I already have the cut off switch. Should be an easy mod.

for any newbies out there like me that may be reading, the factory cut off switch does not stop certain things from drawing power, hence the need for the mod. Other choice is disconnect battery every time you store, which is a giant pain in the &)$.

2021 Reflection MB 31
      Ford F-250 Crew Cab Turbo Diesel B & W Slider

Comment

ckramer1000 take a single cutting edge unit bit with you and if the terminal is not big enough, drill it out. Regular drill bits will tear up terminals but the uni bits tend to work.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X