Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AM Solar's Smart Phase Selector - How does it work with factory sub panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick question . Can the smart ATS be used without any sub panel directly into main panel? This would make it easier for my install and 1500w inverter. I only have outlets on my inverter. Now I am running extension cord from inverter to the exterior 50a hookup using a 50 to 15m adapter.
    2018 337RLS
    720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
    disc brakes, ems

Comment

Originally posted by Jims94vmx View Post
      Just a quick question . Can the smart ATS be used without any sub panel directly into main panel? This would make it easier for my install and 1500w inverter. I only have outlets on my inverter. Now I am running extension cord from inverter to the exterior 50a hookup using a 50 to 15m adapter.
      Yes this is how it is meant to be installed. Keep in mind that will mean that all of your 120V loads will be running off the inverter. You will want to make sure you do not overload the inverter. howson has a nice write up on some relays he used for load shedding to make sure he did not have too much running off the inverter if power dropped up when he was not there to mange it.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks, will look into it. I have been boondocking for the last couple days on out full hookup site! Lol
        2018 337RLS
        disc brakes, ems

Comment

Thanks, will look into it. I have been boondocking for the last couple days on out full hookup site! Lol
          The thread Neil referenced is here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...er-overloading
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The thread Neil referenced is here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...er-overloading
            Not worried about overloading. We watch all our uses. Just thought about an automatic switch, but not for 500 bucks. I can do what I need to do
            quickly enough. Besides, have to let wife spend money too.
            2018 337RLS
            disc brakes, ems

Comment

Not worried about overloading. We watch all our uses. Just thought about an automatic switch, but not for 500 bucks. I can do what I need to do
              quickly enough. Besides, have to let wife spend money too.
              Jim's manual switch is an elegant, simple (and relatively inexpensive) solution. I can't remember if it's already been mentioned, so at the risk of repeating earlier info here (or in another post) here's his thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ique-solutions

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
              X