No announcement yet.

Tire Linc Prep Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note: If you are reporting this issue, you can call the main GDRV customer service number at 574-825-9679. GDRV customer service representatives should all be up to speed on this issue shortly. Make sure you have your VIN when you call in.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Paul and judy View Post

Hello all.

after reading all this I decided to install my system.. no issue and system configured and linked correctly. Maybe problem is specific to imagines as my prewire worked on the 310gk

Brittany I do have a question/concern. I noticed on gd site that the tire link system is standard. My dealer did not give me one and I had to buy direct from lippert. Any thoughts? my dealer said was not included.
      I'd recommend giving customer support a call to verify what was built with your unit. I tried to look it up in our system, but the VIN you have on your profile is not correct and I was not able to access that information.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Brittany View Post

I'd recommend giving customer support a call to verify what was built with your unit. I tried to look it up in our system, but the VIN you have on your profile is not correct and I was not able to access that information.
        Hey Brittany

i updated my vin in the profile
        Last edited by TucsonJim; 04-03-2021, 03:18 PM. Reason: Edited post to flag Brittany.
        Paul, Judy and Embr
        2021 310 gk
        2019 Ram Mega cab dually diesel

Comment

We picked our 2021 2400BH up on 3/13/2021. For some reason I mistakenly thought the TPMS system was already installed and not just prepped. I haven't checked ours yet to see if it has the same wiring issue but will reply back here if it does and will also call GD customer service to see what to do about it. I'd like to complete the install and get the repeater, alert indicator and pressure monitors. Does anybody know if you have to go through a dealer to get kit #450149 or can you call LCI or GD directly? It looks like the full kit is avail from LCI and Amazon for $259 but it also includes the dock and doesn't come with the alert indicator.
          Brian and Mercedes
          2021 GD Imagine 2400BH
          2014 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewCab 4x4

Comment

btutich Someone posted an alternative part number for just the sensors and repeater without the base. I think it was almost $100 cheaper depending on the dealer.

Edit: I see that you are referencing the part number mentioned before. You may need to get with a GD Dealer to use that part number.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

As far as I know, you have to order the GD part number thru a dealer. LCI does not sell this kit otherwise and you then have to buy the entire kit for well over twice the price.I ordered mine last week but was told it was on backorder. However, others have said the kit comes complete with the alert indicator
              Jeff and Debbie
              2021 Imagine 2250RK
              2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
              USMC Veteran

Comment

I just ordered the #450149 kit from our dealer and it was $115 + tax and shipping. He said that GD showed they were in stock also. Now I just need to find a time to go to the storage place and see if I have the wiring issue between now and our next trip!
                Brian and Mercedes
                2021 GD Imagine 2400BH

Comment

Originally posted by btutich View Post
                  I just ordered the #450149 kit from our dealer and it was $115 + tax and shipping. He said that GD showed they were in stock also. Now I just need to find a time to go to the storage place and see if I have the wiring issue between now and our next trip!
                  hmmm thanks...I will call my dealer in the AM and pester him about my order.
                  Jeff and Debbie
                  2021 Imagine 2250RK
                  USMC Veteran

Comment

I just bought a 2400BH and was having the same issue. I had found the oem part number by chance on youtube and the day I picked mine up I asked for the part and was told there was no such thing. So I asked for the to check grand design for the part number the said it was a good number but not stock with GD. I asked them to order it and in came in a week later. $135.00. When I plugged in the repeater mine had no power. Looking for a solution brought me to this forum and post for the first time.

Question: Everyone is recommending we call in to report the issue. Can we e-mail instead? I also am a auto technician and don't usually have time to make calls during the day. Gotta make that flat rate pay. Thanks for the help.
                    Joe and Sherrie
                    2022 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab
                    2023 Reflection 311BHS 06/23
                    2021 Imagine 2400BH 03/21, SOLD 06/23

Comment

Joe,

I think they recommend you contact GD customer service (Phone or email) with your VIN so they have record of which units were improperly wired. I had already fixed mine so when I discussed it with the customer support rep, he confirmed that this is how GD is suggesting it should be hooked up so I apparently guessed correctly. Wether you choose to do it yourself or have the dealer fix it under warranty, the correct way to do it is to disconnect it from the solar prep 10AWG wiring and tap into the front cap LED / pass thru storage lighting source located behind the front pass thru wall. And also ensure you install a 15A inline fuse as-per the Lippert installation instructions. I also installed a LED SPST On/Off switch so I could turn off the repeater when not in transit or when boondocking to reduce battery consumption.
                      Jeff and Debbie
                      2021 Imagine 2250RK
                      USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLucero View Post
                        Can we e-mail instead?
                        Yes, you can email (see "business card" on home page). Don't forget to include your VIN.
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Just picked up our 2021 Imagine 2910BH 2 weeks ago. I purchase the TireLinc off of Amazon. When I went to install it I had no power just like everyone else in this post. I traced the wires just like the OP did and found the same thing he did. Looks like they did the same thing to our rig. I'll be calling GD on Monday. Anyone know what GD's plan is to fix this?

Thanks
                          Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Str8arrow View Post
                            Just picked up our 2021 Imagine 2910BH 2 weeks ago. I purchase the TireLinc off of Amazon. When I went to install it I had no power just like everyone else in this post. I traced the wires just like the OP did and found the same thing he did. Looks like they did the same thing to our rig. I'll be calling GD on Monday. Anyone know what GD's plan is to fix this?

Thanks
                            Terry
                            Best to discuss it directly with Grand Design. There are several members who have apparently fixed it themselves (to their satisfaction), but there may be more going on here than what seems apparent. The moderators have been requested numerous by GD reps for owners to call when owners identify this issue. That's all I know.
                            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howard!

Comment

I apparently do have the same issue. The kit came in the mail, drop shipped from GD, really quick. I went out to our trailer yesterday to test the docking station and I don't have power. I have called GD CS today and am talking to them about a resolution. More than likely a mobile service tech will come out, repair the issue and get reimbursed directly by GD. Is there an easy way to access behind the wooden panel that the dock is mounted to in the pass through to get at the wires? I took the dock off and the hole for the wires is a lot smaller than the pics Heavysledz posted earlier. I'm not sure if you opened it up a bit more to get access. Given that the travel trailer is brand new, my wife is concerned that any repair that is done is done so that it looks factory and you can't tell. My concern is that its fixed correctly and fused properly etc. Adding a switch so that it doesn't draw continuous power would be over and above what I think GD will "fix" though I can add that later. I'm thinking of just un-docking it when I'm not driving be it at a camp site or in storage.
                                Brian and Mercedes
                                2021 GD Imagine 2400BH

Comment

Working...
                                X