2021 3540GK-R 50 amp connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah...I see..
    The ground contact patch is fairly big and it is supposed to connect the ground first before the power conductors and maintain contact while twisting. And last to break when you disconnect.
    I'm curious. With the Smart-Plug connector, is the ground blade a bit longer than the power and neutral blades?
    Glad you responded. I posted in a 'tongue in cheek' manner and you didn't respond for 3 days. I was starting to think that you did not take the 'Howard proof' comment in the manner I had intended...
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
      Ah...I see..
      The ground contact patch is fairly big and it is supposed to connect the ground first before the power conductors and maintain contact while twisting. And last to break when you disconnect.
      I'm curious. With the Smart-Plug connector, is the ground blade a bit longer than the power and neutral blades?
      Glad you responded. I posted in a 'tongue in cheek' manner and you didn't respond for 3 days. I was starting to think that you did not take the 'Howard proof' comment in the manner I had intended...
      Not to worry--on the road with limited internet. Currently at my daughter's and "moochdocking" for a few days.

I did a write-up on the Smart Plug here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...n-on-a-315rlts

Not sure it will answer your question...all I know is since installing the Smart Plug I haven't had any "Howard related" issues.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

on my 50 amp plug, I had one of the hot legs not making good contact. that was a 1 hr headache.

Originally thought it was a broke wire in the slide since that's where we noticed the issue. Ref and TV would not come on.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
          Ah...I see..
          When hooking up to shore power it is best to turn the breaker off at the post , plug cord into RV then plug into post then turn breaker at the post on. This method will keep any arcing from occurring when trying to plug in to the post when the breaker is on and also when twisting the connection to the RV.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
          X