2014 303 Reflection Television Hookup For External or Basement TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 303 Reflection Television Hookup For External or Basement TV

Folks - digging back through the archives in another source, I thought my answer was there but I could not locate it. Early build Reflections did not have a TV antenna/cable hookup in the basement. I think this was added on 2015 or thereabouts. Ours has just the port to hookup to cable at the top left of the water/electrical panel and the two ports (BR & LR) for satellite TV in the upper area of the adjacent panel to the right.

A few folks did install TVs in their basement using swing out mounts or simply watched on tables somewhere outside the RV. I (along with they) do have an electrical outlet on the curb side.

Please jog my old brain.......how/where was the install done to watch over the air or cable when watching TV outside ? I was going to tag our dear friends Emily and Megan but I think they were in Middle School when our early Reflections were being built !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Hi Dan,

The TV connections are on the aft wall just inside the curb pass through door. Once connection comes from the antenna booster in the bedroom (for over-the-air or cable) and the other comes across from the connection panel on the street side. There is a fourth connection there for pass through satellite.

The difficulty will be routing another coax to the antenna booster. But, if you are not using the satellite connection on the booster panel this coax could be re-purposed to bring the antenna/cable signal down to the pass through. There should be a third TV connection on the booster.

Rob
    Attached Files
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Rob - you have the model "A" steel spoke wheels and updated hook-ups I referenced (not clearly stated by me, of course.) I am so jealous !!!

I have the model "T" version with wooden spoke wheels and no basement/pass through hookups of any kind. Looks like I have to add a coax panel hookup(s) somewhere and tap into the appropriate coax somewhere but where would be best I wonder ?

See my 4 utility panel pictures and the one curb side for the placement of my 120V outlet.

Dan
      Dan & Carol

Comment

Moderators - Cate&Rob - it may be best to move Jim's post to a new topic thread as it is not related to the topic of this thread.

Dan
        Dan & Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
          Moderators - Cate&Rob - it may be best to move Jim's post to a new topic thread as it is not related to the topic of this thread.

Dan
          Hi Dan,

Good idea . . . I will do this, once I figure out how . . .

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Canyonlight
            Canyonlight commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Rob ! Jjim's question is a good one and has been fairly prominent on another site. It seems best to have a dedicated thread as it is an important issue if not just irritating when trying to watch TV.

Dan

See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...l-interference for the discussion on TV signal interference.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X