backup lights on 31G momentum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backup lights on 31G momentum

This trailer looks like there are backup (clear) lights enclosed in the bottom of the rear brake/turn signals. The challenge I'm having is I can't figure out how to turn them on. Are they supposed to turn on when the TV is in reverse, or is there a manual switch somewhere on the trailer that I haven't yet found?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedCamperBackupLights_LI.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	45322
    2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Originally posted by jlackman View Post
    This trailer looks like there are backup (clear) lights enclosed in the bottom of the rear brake/turn signals. The challenge I'm having is I can't figure out how to turn them on. Are they supposed to turn on when the TV is in reverse, or is there a manual switch somewhere on the trailer that I haven't yet found?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedCamperBackupLights_LI.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	45322
    To the best of my knowledge GD has never wired in backup lights. In your case pull the light and double check for wires. My guess they did not connect if there. If you want to make them functional my thread on wiring up my own might help. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lights-install
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Those should just be lights for loading and unloading in the dark. There will be a switch in the coach somewhere handy to the door or maybe even in the convenience center.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Yoda and Country Campers . This has been in storage since purchased but I have not been able to find a manual switch anywhere so far. I read your link Yoda about running a relay with TV control or a switch on the RV, which is a pretty cool option. I might end up going that route. I think first I'll try pulling the lights to see if they are even wired. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jlackman View Post
          Thanks Yoda and Country Campers . This has been in storage since purchased but I have not been able to find a manual switch anywhere so far. I read your link Yoda about running a relay with TV control or a switch on the RV, which is a pretty cool option. I might end up going that route. I think first I'll try pulling the lights to see if they are even wired. Thanks!
          Did you figure out these lights? There's been a number of new 31G owners so surprised no one's chimed in.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Did you figure out these lights? There's been a number of new 31G owners so surprised no one's chimed in.
            I have not. There does not seem to be any switch anywhere. I plan on looking more closely the first trip out in three weeks. Right now the back area has 2 ATVS in it so they might be blocking something. I thought about removing them to have a look but they are siliconed on pretty good and I don't want to remove that quite yet. On other option is that they are wired to a pole on the 7 pin plug that is not getting power from the TV. I plan on testing that with 12v to the pins to test. But, we're in for another week of snow here...

If/ when I do figure it out I'll update the thread.

Comment

Working...
            X