Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal Generator Install

Hey Yall,

Truly a newbie here (havent even gotten delivery yet) ... but I have a few generator questions.

So, apparently all the ONAN generators are on backorder for whatever reason, so the dealer has decided that they want to deliver the rig without the generator, so they have taken it off the invoice. All well and good, but now Im looking for one to install in that front bay's "generator spot". I have a few questions to that end... especially since it looks like project #1 will be to install a generator!

1) Is there anything specific I should look at in getting a generator for that location/purpose other than physical size and electrical size?
    2) How does the gas line hook in to the generator? Will I have to alter something between the line entering the bay for the other generator and whatever new one I get?
    3) Any other stupidity things I should know before actually doing/buying anything?

- Roger
    Roger and Caty
    2021 GD Momentum 393G (Coming....)

Good morning Roger and welcome to the forum. While the dealer took the generator off the invoice is he getting you the generator prep package?. I am no expert on this, just going from other posts I have read. I am sure someone else will come along with the correct answers shortly. Also you can use the search feature here to get a glimpse of what folks have done before. Good luck on your project.

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Also a newbie here.

I could be wrong but I don't think you'll find anything that will replace the Onan. They pretty much have a lock on the market. I am not aware of any other options that can be used internally. There is another brand that is exclusive to forest river at the moment but they also use Yamaha engines (which is the problem with Onan) and can't be purchased separately anyway.

All the portables aren't designed to run in a closed compartment, cooling and exhaust would be nearly impossible to handle

If you find something please let us know.
      Jim & Heidi
      2021 Solitude 375RES-r
      2024 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW

Comment

Roger and Caty, Welcome to the forum and the family!!

We have ours installed, so I haven't read too deeply into the alternatives, but what I do know is that many are linking two Honda generators for their generator needs, and if you haven't seen them, Rae and Jason, AKA "getaway couple" on you tube installed a roll out shelf in the generator compartment to mount theirs.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Yes - Installing a slide tray and a Micro Air easy start will give you good versatility ...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	033BD79B-5C9A-4658-A9BD-B8AEE8B2D395.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	172.3 KB ID:	46441
          2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
          1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
          2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

Working...
          X