Location of Converter 311BHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of Converter 311BHS

Does anyone know where the converter is located on the Reflection 311BHS? I pulled out the Breaker/Fuse panel thinking it would be behind it but it's not. I can see the cables but can't trace them from that vantage point. Would it be behind the false wall in the pass through? I really don't want to remove everything from the pass through storage and then remove that wall if it's not in there somewhere. Thanks in advance!
    2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax 3310LB Payload
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Originally posted by RobWNY View Post
    Does anyone know where the converter is located on the Reflection 311BHS? I pulled out the Breaker/Fuse panel thinking it would be behind it but it's not. I can see the cables but can't trace them from that vantage point. Would it be behind the false wall in the pass through? I really don't want to remove everything from the pass through storage and then remove that wall if it's not in there somewhere. Thanks in advance!
    Your converter is in the hutch, behind the Power Distribution Panel. If you have a vented panel at the base of the hutch (like in my 315RLTS) it will be visible once that panel is removed.

It will look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Converer.JPG
Views:	777
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	46849

Name:	Converter.JPG
Views:	1098
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	46850

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Actually in the fifth wheel models the converter is behind the false wall in the pass thru , should be located closer to the door side. I realize you do not want to remove everything but it is a good idea to take a look in this are to check the plumbing fittings , strainer on the water pump as well as the cable connections to make sure all is tight. Have a look at the back of the furnace as well to make sure all of the duct work is secured. Good to know what is back there for future reference.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        Actually in the fifth wheel models the converter is behind the false wall in the pass thru , should be located closer to the door side. I realize you do not want to remove everything but it is a good idea to take a look in this are to check the plumbing fittings , strainer on the water pump as well as the cable connections to make sure all is tight. Have a look at the back of the furnace as well to make sure all of the duct work is secured. Good to know what is back there for future reference.

Brian
        If you're right, add fixing the related drawing of the 311BHS to your list of topics to discuss with our host.

RobWNY -- pls report back where you find the converter.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks howson and country campers. I know it's not behind the power distribution panel. I took that out and looked yesterday. I'll look later today behind the panel in the pass through and will definitely report back with what I find.

Comment

Even if the converter isn't behind the false wall as Country Campers suggest, RobWNY may still want to pull the wall to check all the things that Brian listed. RobWNY may also want to think about some type of opening or window (plexiglass, hardware screen) in the false wall so that the hidden area can be routinely checked for leaks and other problems without having to pull everything out.
            John
            2018 Momentum 395M
            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

If you're right, add fixing the related drawing of the 311BHS to your list of topics to discuss with our host.

RobWNY -- pls report back where you find the converter.
              Howard

You should know that the drawings are purely "estimates" on where items may be placed. My floor plan shows the converter in the same place but is actually right under the toilet.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I located the converter and the LCI One Control board as well as where the water pump is. Just as was suggested, it was behind the false wall in the pass through. Here is a photo for others that may need assistance with the location in the future. While I was in there, I replaced the WCFO converter with the Boondocker 4 stage 55 Amp converter/charger I removed from my previous rig before buying the 311BHS. I hope others find this helpful!

Name:	311BHS Components.jpg
Views:	1957
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	46910

Comment

Working...
                X