Bedroom Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedroom Lights

I have a 2015 Solitude 35’ and do not have the model # in front of me. I have an electrical question. Over the front bed pillow area are two lights. At night they emit a faint blue light. I would like to eliminate those dim blue lights if possible but can’t seem to figure out how to get into those lights to take them out. Can you help me with this.
    Thanks

JWorley

I have moved your post out on its own to get the proper responses. I am sure someone will be along to help you out. Would you be able to post a picture of the light in question?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

JWorley Welcome to the family and the forum! Hopefully somebody with something close will stop by and be able to help you with it.

If you haven't seen it, the moderators have taken the time and effort to create a thread with information to help new members have the best experience possible. You can find it at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Filling out your profile is a great first step.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I can post a picture next week! That is when I will be back at the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by JWorley View Post
          I have a 2015 Solitude 35’ and do not have the model # in front of me. I have an electrical question. Over the front bed pillow area are two lights. At night they emit a faint blue light. I would like to eliminate those dim blue lights if possible but can’t seem to figure out how to get into those lights to take them out. Can you help me with this.
          Thanks
          Gosh - I recall this being communicated on a different forum years ago but do not recall the resolution. If I find the information I will share the details for you.

Possibly Tom TNFSolitude recall these posted from years ago (or dealt with the issue in their 369 if it applied) and will chime in.

Dan
          Dan & Carol
          2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
          2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

As Dan ( Canyonlight ) suggested, below was posted on a thread from 2015 (different forum). Credit for the modification goes to D&M369RL (whom I do not know).

Note this modification will permanently disable the blue LEDs, unless you're really good with solder...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the steps to disable the blue light over the bed.

1. pry the outer plastic ring down from the light - it is quite stubborn, but it does come straight down (picture 1)
            2. you will find a number of screws holding the light up to the ceiling - in my case there were only 3, remove these
            3. on the underside of the light there are 8 small screws - remove these (picture 2)
            4. this will expose the circuit board with the LEDs on it - with the light turned OFF, you will see the 2 blue LEDs at the top on either side of the on/off button (left side of picture 3)
            5. now follow the faint connections from the blue lights, using a knife scratch the connection to the left of the left blue LED. Lights will go out (picture 4)
            6. reassemble and voila!

Click image for larger version  Name:	blue light.JPG Views:	0 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	47717
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes I remember those discussions but no my Solitude never experienced the blue light syndrome. As always Howson is on top of it here. Good job.

Comment

Working...
              X