Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis-labeled breakers

Hello all,

I just took possession of our new 2250RK and being the technical geek that I am, I like to know how everything is wired and operates. A quick glance at my power distribution panel and I can see that something wasn't right so I figured I would look into it.

AC Side:
    I noticed there were 7 labels and only 6 breakers. I was able to identify what each of the 6 breakers were for and found 2 of them mis-labeled (see pic below) and the convertor doesn't appear to be on a breaker or I haven't figured out how to determine which one it is piggy backed on...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DC Side:
    I see there are 11 accessory fuse locations. There is a 30amp fuse in position #9 that is not labeled and I have no idea what it is for. If anyone has any ideas on what this could be for please feel free to chime in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Xnip2021-03-23_14-32-07.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	47202

Click image for larger version  Name:	Xnip2021-03-23_14-32-40.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.8 KB ID:	47199
    Attached Files
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
    USMC Veteran

Your converter is built in to the power center , the top of the label states " Power Converter and distribution Panel". This means that the converter does not have its own breaker to disconnect. The 2 40 amp fuses on the right side is for the converter. The unknown 30 amp fuse may be for the Solar prep but I am not sure about that.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Your converter is built in to the power center , the top of the label states " Power Converter and distribution Panel". This means that the converter does not have its own breaker to disconnect. The 2 40 amp fuses on the right side is for the converter. The unknown 30 amp fuse may be for the Solar prep but I am not sure about that.

Brian
      Brian, thanks for the quick response. I have never seen a WFCO PDC with a separate breaker for the converter so I was confused by the labeling which is already incorrectly labeled for 2 of the breakers. It looks like this was a label that GD put in during the assembly. I will see if I can peel it off without tearing the original label underneath and then CORRECTLY label these with the correct descriptions. So much for GD's awesome PDI program. I would think that mislabeled breakers would be considered a serious safety concern.

As it stands now, If I turned off what is labeled "General" thinking I have killed power to all of my AC outlets and then started taking one of the outlets apart and got zapped, that could be a potential liability for GD. Fortunately, I always double check with a DVM to ensure the circuit is not live.

I am wondering now if the extra 30amp fuse is for the tongue jack???
      Jeff and Debbie
      2021 Imagine 2250RK
      USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post
        Hello all,

I just took possession of our new 2250RK and being the technical geek that I am, I like to know how everything is wired and operates. A quick glance at my power distribution panel and I can see that something wasn't right so I figured I would look into it.

AC Side:
        I noticed there were 7 labels and only 6 breakers. I was able to identify what each of the 6 breakers were for and found 2 of them mis-labeled (see pic below) and the convertor doesn't appear to be on a breaker or I haven't figured out how to determine which one it is piggy backed on...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
        The converter is piggy backed on another CB
        You could turn off the battery disconnect switch while on 120V power & turn off CB till you loose DC power from the converter.
        Or could remove the plastic cover on the power center to see the wire it's crimped onto.

Name:	8955PEC Converter 120V Wire.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	47218
        Gene and Kim
        2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
        2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Originally posted by gbkims View Post

The converter is piggy backed on another CB
          You could turn off the battery disconnect switch while on 120V power & turn off CB till you loose DC power from the converter.
          Or could remove the plastic cover on the power center to see the wire it's crimped onto.

Name:	8955PEC Converter 120V Wire.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	47218
          Thanks, I will try the battery disconnect route first and see if I can determine what breaker it is possibly hooked to.
          Jeff and Debbie
          2021 Imagine 2250RK
          USMC Veteran

Comment

I answered in the other GD forum too but you don't have any breaker labeled GFCI
            2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax 3310LB Payload
            2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Comment

The extra 30 amp dc may be for the tongue jack but I believe that the tongue jack may be attached to a self resetting breaker underneath the front of the trailer mounted on the tongue frame.
              The "mislabeling" could be just that and turning off a breaker should never be good enough I always check for power before doing anything after turning a breaker off , better yet I just remove shore power all together that way there is no chance of not having the wrong breaker turned off.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by RobWNY View Post
                I answered in the other GD forum too but you don't have any breaker labeled GFCI
                Thanks for responding and I did see your response over on the other forum as well. None of mine were labeled GFCI but the second breaker did kill all of the AC outlets including the GFCI outlet in the bathroom.
                Jeff and Debbie
                2021 Imagine 2250RK
                USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                  The extra 30 amp dc may be for the tongue jack but I believe that the tongue jack may be attached to a self resetting breaker underneath the front of the trailer mounted on the tongue frame.
                  The "mislabeling" could be just that and turning off a breaker should never be good enough I always check for power before doing anything after turning a breaker off , better yet I just remove shore power all together that way there is no chance of not having the wrong breaker turned off.

Brian
                  It ended up being for the Compass Connect system. When I pulled the fuse the panel when black and the interior lights that are controlled by the Compass Connect panel all when out and the rest remained on.

I got it sorted out and relabeled the breakers and the 30amp fuse. All is well now.

Name:	IMG_4823.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	47268
                  Attached Files
                  Jeff and Debbie
                  2021 Imagine 2250RK
                  USMC Veteran

Comment

We have had a number of r.v's over the years and everyone of them were mislabeled in one way or another. A class "A" we had had 6 of the breakers mislabeled. Our new 2600RB had 2 mislabeled. I always go over the breakers for labeling and check the connections. On one unit the a/c breaker wires were so loose that we had a melt down of the wires, this was the "lesson learned" that started me verifying all of the breakers and connections.

Dave
                    flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

A little off topic but the other day I pulled the panel to replace the WFCO converter/charger with a Boondocker Converter/Charger I had removed from our previous 5th Wheel. Every screw tightener in the bus bar that didn't have a wire were very loose and two of them had fallen out and were laying on the floor in front of the panel. I screwed them all in tight. They must have worked themselves out while bouncing down the road. I don't know if this would be a hazard or not but I don't like the idea of metal screw tighteners freely bouncing around in there.
                      2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax 3310LB Payload
                      2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Comment

RobWNY Your find of the unused connector screws loose is very common and I had the same thing in our unit. An extra 10 seconds during production could prevent this from happening. This is across all brands I am sure.
                        flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
                          RobWNY Your find of the unused connector screws loose is very common and I had the same thing in our unit. An extra 10 seconds during production could prevent this from happening. This is across all brands I am sure.
                          I agree 100% they should have caught this, but that said its a good thing to check every few trips. I have had mine loosen up over time as well.
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

It is also important to check the screws that are actually holding a wire , I found a few that were loose there as well. A loose screw falling across terminals that would have any power to them would be a bad thing. I will bring this to GD tomorrow.

Brian
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                            X