Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does vehicle 12 volt power connect from the 7-Pin to RV batteries (3740 BH-R)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Popga View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6E749BD6-C690-4C6E-B526-662931D08345.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	115.3 KB ID:	50283Is the panel with yellow arrow the “4th wall” of you box? Or is it attached right where it is?
    Erik
    The wall with the yellow arrow that your referencing is the original wall that I moved further back. It was held in with three wood screws. This allowed additional space to add in the center panel that holds the chargers. Three more screws to mount this as well. The wiring is 4AWG where I placed the negative terminals on the back wall and the positive terminal on the middle wall. This allowed for good separation of positive and negative cabling.

The attached shows a new larger side panel and the battery mounted behind the docking station. Also the Victron BMV712 can be seen in the face panel of the docking station.

Jim
    Attached Files

Comment

The black panel gives it a great finish! The negative buss is grounded straight to the frame? Also using 4AWG?

Erik
      Erik & Tea
      2021 Reflection 297RSTS
      2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
      ProPride hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Popga View Post
        The black panel gives it a great finish! The negative buss is grounded straight to the frame? Also using 4AWG?

Erik
        Thank you. Yes the negative buss runs to the left frame in 4AWG. There is a small opening at the base of the side panel to provide inlet cooling for the chargers. There is plenty of space for heat to escape out the top.

Jim

Comment

Thank you. I think I will disconnect the 12V TV connection until I can wire it all correctly. that still leaves batteries for emergency breakaway.

Erik
          Erik & Tea
          2021 Reflection 297RSTS
          2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
          ProPride hitch

Comment

Working...
          X