CSW TS-20 Inverter problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSW TS-20 Inverter problem

Hello folks. I have a transfer switch (Magnum Dimensions CSW-TS-20) that comes factory equipped in many Grand Design RV's. There is a resistor on the board that burned. As such, I cannot see what the value was to replace it and troubleshoot further. If possible, would anyone who has one of these units mind taking the four small screws off of the cover and take a close up picture of the circuit board so I can see what value the resistor in question is? Pic included to show the area of interest. Manufacturer of the switch was no help. They have no technical information on them. Thanks in advance! Click image for larger version

Name:	ts20.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	48155Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210329_015425783.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	48156

I have a related ATS, a Kisae TS20A. F1 on it is Gray Red Gold Gold Black.
    That seems to be an odd color code marking.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Kisae TS20A - F1 Gray Red Gold  Gold Red.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	48205
    Gene and Kim
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
    2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

I'm not a board expert, but in my dealings with circuit boards, the F1 in the box would indicate a fuse. https://electronics.stackexchange.co...-fuse-resistor
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks for the pic Gene! That's exactly what I needed.

Jlawles, I agree. It does appear to be the sacrificial component in the circuit. Now to see if that is the extent of the damage. I realize that I can just get another one for about $100, but it wouldn't be here in time for my trip.

Comment

Working...
        X