Troubleshooting Outlets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting Outlets

Discovered several outlets on my 2018 320MKS are not working. They are at the end of the kitchen island, bathroom and in the front storage compartment. Reset 2 gfi's and checked fuses and no change. Suggestions greatly appreciated! Gary & Sue

Originally posted by revguard View Post
    Discovered several outlets on my 2018 320MKS are not working. They are at the end of the kitchen island, bathroom and in the front storage compartment. Reset 2 gfi's and checked fuses and no change. Suggestions greatly appreciated! Gary & Sue
    Just to make sure.... There are no "fuses" in the 120 volt side of things. By "fuses", did you mean circuit breakers? If not, turn the breakers completely off, then back on again.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Assuming that you have a 50A service, it is possible that one side is working, but the other is not. Try plugging into the 30A post outlet using a 30A male to 50A female adapter.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by revguard View Post
        As you probably suspect all of those outlets are on the "GFI" circuit. I traced all the circuits in my 315RLTS and below you'll see the diagram.

In my trailer, if the microwave, or fireplace, is working then power is getting to L1 (the yellow 50A circuit). If NONE of the yellow "1" outlets (the GFI circuit) have power then I'd suspect either the circuit breaker itself or even the wire going INTO the breaker--at least that's where I'd check for power first.

WARNING: If you're at all unsure of how to test for a live circuit please do yourself a favor and have a qualified technician check for you. Electricity can (and will) hurt you.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Outlet to CB Drawing.jpg Views:	0 Size:	180.0 KB ID:	4841
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Are the GfCI's resetting properly? If not, bad GFCI receipt is possible problem.

Comment

Working...
          X