Facon RVR3HN-35 3" LED Puck Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facon RVR3HN-35 3" LED Puck Lights

Has anyone found these online anywhere. I have the GD part number (420657) but the dealer said they aren't in stock and shipping would be $15 which is about as much as one light. I have found some on eBay where the only thing that doesn't match is the the last 2 digits which is 40 instead of 35. I believe this indicates the color/temperature of either 3500K or 4000K.

I am looking to add a few extra lights in the bathroom as the lighting around the vanity is terrible....worst case, I can just buy a 6 pack of a similar model and just replace the 3 that are in the bathroom now with the new ones to include the 2 extra ones I plan to add.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4864.jpg
Views:	2120
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	48549
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
    USMC Veteran

Amazon shows the 3" 3W Facons, not an exact match.
    Facon 3 Inch LED RV Puck Light Full Aluminum Recessed Mount Down Light
    Gene and Kim
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
    2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Heavysledz

EDIT: Dang it...3", not the 4.5"-- I missed that!

As on option, consider switching to Leisure LEDs as documented in this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...erior-lighting

The 3.375" will be close, though you may still need to make a slightly bigger hole for them. I went with the 5.75" for the main lights and I'm very pleased with the results (see pics in the linked thread above). It does take some effort to mod the ceiling, so be forewarned...please read the whole thread!

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson Next time you need to make those holes, make the template oversized by the distance from the edge of the bit to the guide. then you can use the template as the guide by following the inside and not have to focus so much on the cutting (will also be faster) and can focus on keeping the wiring out of the way.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by gbkims View Post
          Amazon shows the 3" 3W Facons, not an exact match.
          Facon 3 Inch LED RV Puck Light Full Aluminum Recessed Mount Down Light
          I saw those but the model numbers are different so I was afraid they would either look slightly different or have a different color/temperature.
          Jeff and Debbie
          2021 Imagine 2250RK
          USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            Heavysledz

EDIT: Dang it...3", not the 4.5"-- I missed that!

As on option, consider switching to Leisure LEDs as documented in this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...erior-lighting

The 3.375" will be close, though you may still need to make a slightly bigger hole for them. I went with the 5.75" for the main lights and I'm very pleased with the results (see pics in the linked thread above). It does take some effort to mod the ceiling, so be forewarned...please read the whole thread!

Howard
            Thanks, I will take a look at that thread. Was hoping to find a direct match online but may end up just buying a set of 6 that match and replace all of them in the bathroom plus add a couple of extras.
            Jeff and Debbie
            2021 Imagine 2250RK
            USMC Veteran

Comment

Several of us have found the Facons to be extremely failure-prone with even the replacements failing in a few weeks. Another member and I found these on Amazon and they have worked flawlessly for over a year, now:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The chips are better quality with better heat-sinking. A couple of us have replaced every ceiling light in the RV with them.

Rob
              Rob & Laura
              U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
              2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
              2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
              (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
              Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post
                Several of us have found the Facons to be extremely failure-prone with even the replacements failing in a few weeks. Another member and I found these on Amazon and they have worked flawlessly for over a year, now:

The chips are better quality with better heat-sinking. A couple of us have replaced every ceiling light in the RV with them.

Rob
                Thanks Rob....I will check them out...
                Jeff and Debbie
                2021 Imagine 2250RK
                USMC Veteran

Comment

Rob

How is the color (brightness) match? Can you tell the difference, from the originals still working? We have one ceiling light on our 2018 Reflection that just went out and another has started flickering, so I know it will go out soon. Figure I'd order three replacement, so we'll have one in waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by siverfamily View Post

How is the color (brightness) match? Can you tell the difference, from the originals still working? We have one ceiling light on our 2018 Reflection that just went out and another has started flickering, so I know it will go out soon. Figure I'd order three replacement, so we'll have one in waiting.
                    The ones recommended above are out of stock until June....

Name:	Xnip2021-04-04_11-17-16.jpg
Views:	1984
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	49029
                    Attached Files
                    Jeff and Debbie
                    2021 Imagine 2250RK
                    USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post

The ones recommended above are out of stock until June....

Name:	Xnip2021-04-04_11-17-16.jpg
Views:	1984
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	49029
                      Thank you. I saw that. Bummer, but we can wait... I was curious however, on how they matched (I'd rather not replace all of the lights).

Comment

Originally posted by siverfamily View Post

There are no longer any original Facons still working in our rig. However, when there was a mix, I could tell that the Risestars are are slightly warmer and maybe 5% less bright. You'd have to be paying close attention to tell, though.

Rob
                        Rob & Laura
                        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

There are no longer any original Facons still working in our rig. However, when there was a mix, I could tell that the Risestars are are slightly warmer and maybe 5% less bright. You'd have to be paying close attention to tell, though.

Rob
                          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X