12 volt power center add on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 volt power center add on

ncitro Country Campers Guest Hi all. While discussing bbq's on another thread ncitro showed a pic of a 12 volt power center that could power a pellet grill or other 12 volt needs that I believe he installed. It looked great and I ordered one to install in our 2600RB which did not have a 12 volt power plug either inside or out. This was surprising, there are USB outlets everywhere but no cigarette type 12 volt plug. It is now installed and works well and I like it. I particularly like the good seals on the outlets and the little volt meter, though it shows 0.14 volts lower than the line in voltage, perhaps because it is at the downstream end of the switch, usb and 12 volt plug. Anyway it was a simple project that allows for 12 volt usage from out of the pass through. Thanks Neil!

Dave
    flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
    ncitro Country Campers Guest Hi all. While discussing bbq's on another thread ncitro showed a pic of a 12 volt power center that could power a pellet grill or other 12 volt needs that I believe he installed. It looked great and I ordered one to install in our 2600RB which did not have a 12 volt power plug either inside or out. This was surprising, there are USB outlets everywhere but no cigarette type 12 volt plug. It is now installed and works well and I like it. I particularly like the good seals on the outlets and the little volt meter, though it shows 0.14 volts lower than the line in voltage, perhaps because it is at the downstream end of the switch, usb and 12 volt plug. Anyway it was a simple project that allows for 12 volt usage from out of the pass through. Thanks Neil!

Dave
    No problem glad I could help. A few of us have installed those, they’re great to have.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Dave
      Guys,

I really like the location on this power panel. I have a compressor that I use to air up the air bags on the truck and have been tossing around the idea of making an adapter to plug into the trailer plug of the truck. This location is a better solution and would provide for better accessibility for power at the front of the rig for a variety of products.

Jim

Comment

Dave
        That's a good idea, thanks. I carry a Green Mountain pellet grill when camping. Nothing like leaving all day on the ATVs and then come back to 2x pork butts that have been on the smoker all day.
        2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

No problem glad I could help. A few of us have installed those, they’re great to have.
          Is there somewhere I can find the info for ordering the 12 volt power center?

Thanks!
          Bob
          Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
          2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by RJAPCOK View Post

Is there somewhere I can find the info for ordering the 12 volt power center?

Thanks!
            Bob
            There are a ton on Amazon, but this is the one I used I think:

https://www.amazon.com/Linkstyle-Cha...7327311&sr=8-4
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

There are a ton on Amazon, but this is the one I used I think:

https://www.amazon.com/Linkstyle-Cha...7327311&sr=8-4
              This is great! Thank you!
              Bob
              Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
              2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

I was about to build one of these a few years ago and found one in a store: https://www.amazon.com/Tow-Ready-118...7328008&sr=8-1
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by jlackman View Post

That's a good idea, thanks. I carry a Green Mountain pellet grill when camping. Nothing like leaving all day on the ATVs and then come back to 2x pork butts that have been on the smoker all day.
                  I got a free GMG Davy Crockett with my Imagine 2250RK as a promotional deal. I haven't tried yet, but do you transport it in the front passthru storage or in your TV?
                  Jeff and Debbie
                  2021 Imagine 2250RK
                  2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
                  USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post

I got a free GMG Davy Crockett with my Imagine 2250RK as a promotional deal. I haven't tried yet, but do you transport it in the front passthru storage or in your TV?
                    I carry mine in great rear storage of my Reflection (rear storage is one of the things that sold me on one floor plan) and before that in the truck bed. Three bolts to remove or rotate the chimney and it fits under my rails.

Neil Citro

Comment

I carry mine in great rear storage of my Reflection (rear storage is one of the things that sold me on one floor plan) and before that in the truck bed. Three bolts to remove or rotate the chimney and it fits under my rails.
                      gotcha...thanks.
                      Jeff and Debbie
                      2021 Imagine 2250RK
                      2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
                      USMC Veteran

Comment

For those willing to "roll your own" (i.e., customize a power panel), there is a store/dealer in CT carrying the individual parts and components to achieve this:
                        https://qsradio.com/shop-now.html#!/...nts/c/13748049

There is another dealer (PowerWerx) that also has some good stuff for 12-V power:

https://powerwerx.com/dc-power-products
                        Last edited by Summit1; 04-02-2021, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post

Heavysledz I just carry it in the TV for now. I keep it pretty clean and I just tip it on it's back as I run a bed cover on the truck. I just did two more pork buts on it last week; they fit perfectly. I've just had the first issue with it; the firebox fan failed so I'm waiting for that part to arrive. It's a great portable smoker and grill.

JL
                          2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Comment

Working...
                          X