No announcement yet.

Surge Guard 35530 hardwire model with 40300 LCD Display in an Imagine 2250RK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surge Guard 35530 hardwire model with 40300 LCD Display in an Imagine 2250RK

Just finished adding a Surge Guard 35530 behind the electric panel where I found plenty of space. Shore power comes in on an orange lead from the inside of the connection behind the WH under the stove. It routes down through the basement and back up behind and into the electrical panel. I removed the orange lead, and attached it to the Surge Guard. I then ran a 10/2 direct bury (it's what I had available) from the output of the Surge Guard to the panel. I moved the switch box that was mounted to the floor up to the wall so I could access it by simply removing the drawer. The Surge Guard I then mounted to the back wall so I could see the fault lights by just looking over the back of the pulled out drawer. For the monitor panel, I did not want to cut a big hole, so I decided to use velcro to secure it to the back wall of the bottom shelf where there is already a chase for wiring. This made it easy to route the wire to the Surge Guard unit. Overall I am very happy with the low visual impact of the setup, and it seems to be working great. If I have a surge and this one gets toasted I can easily try a different brand if I choose.
    Marcus aka Scribby
Working...
X