Replacing LED clearance light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing LED clearance light

Has anyone had to replace one of their exterior LEDs yet? I have a top clearance unit that hasn't worked since the day we picked up the new rig (month ago). I got up there with a DVM and measured 11.7Vdc to the circuit card, but no illumination (same voltage at the operating units). There are a couple of surface mount chip diodes on the board that I can access with the DVM and it looks like one is bad. I am not interested in repairing it but would like to find out if anyone knows where to just purchase a replacement and maybe some spares for future.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Kind regards,
    Guy and Ginger Lauziere
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Ford F-150 4WD/Crew Cab 3.5L Ecoboost
    Equal-i-zer 4 point 1,000/10,000lb

I did find a part number on the GDRV website (#420765), but the site says that our dealer would carry them. After a phone call, not so sure about that. I'm going to make a trip into them and take a look at what they do have.
    Guy and Ginger Lauziere
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Ford F-150 4WD/Crew Cab 3.5L Ecoboost
    Equal-i-zer 4 point 1,000/10,000lb

Comment

Call GD customer service, they may ship you the replacement under warranty.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Imagine_Nation View Post
        I did find a part number on the GDRV website (#420765), but the site says that our dealer would carry them. After a phone call, not so sure about that. I'm going to make a trip into them and take a look at what they do have.
        Nothing too special about these LEDs. I documented replacing the incandescent versions I had on my '19 with LEDs here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-2019-315rlts
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Somewhat related:

For us folks with the older rigs with incandescent marker lights, I purchased these Philips LED bulbs and they have performed well. Much brighter!

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Ultin...82292957&psc=1

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X