Low Voltage at my 120 volt recepticles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Voltage at my 120 volt recepticles

I have a 2020 Trancend 28 MKS and this is our second season taking it to the lake. I hooked it to 50 amp shore power that tests good at the box but I’m only getting 80-85 volts out of all the 120 recepticles. My cord tests good. I’m not sure where to test from there. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Sandcreek1848 with the 50 amp service i am guessing you have a removable chord. Have you checked the female end of the chord?

Are you using a surge protector or any type? Check with and without the surge protector. Also with 50 amp check hot leg to hot leg, then hot let to neutral, hot leg to ground. and don't forget neutral to ground.

I've seen this before in house wiring, I had a Neutral issue.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

You just need to isolate the issue a little bit then troubleshoot it. From the outside box your power cord connects through to the power converter and you have a bunch of breakers for the 120VAC. Try turning off all the breakers then just turn on one breaker for something you can test the voltage on. Your just trying to determine if everything that is using 120VAC is bad or just the outlets. Or, that something on one of the120VAC circutis is causing the issue. I think there should be more than one breaker for the outlets. So try turning on the breaker for say the bathroom outlets and test and so on. Turn off the breakers as you test the others. This shouild point you in the right direction.

2012 Toyota Tundra / 2020 Transcend Xplor 221RB

Comment

I’d suspect the power cord isn’t in far enough.

Low voltage on a split phase connection is always a huge red flag because if one is low, the other is usually high and can be high enough to damage things. Neutral issues are scary.
        John & Kathy
        2014 Reflection 303RLS
        2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Working...
        X