Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I setup running lights and marker lights on our 2021 303rls while camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I setup running lights and marker lights on our 2021 303rls while camping?

I've seen several trailers that the running lights and markers stay lit in the evening. Has anyone wired these into a switch?
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
    I've seen several trailers that the running lights and markers stay lit in the evening. Has anyone wired these into a switch?
    I have not wired a switch but have put a 5 amp blade fuse between the positive and the marker lights on the plug. You have to bend the blades on the fuse a little but it works. I have used this a few times but mostly just leave them off.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Camper-LITESW.../dp/B075JP5C8C

Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	50336
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Will this work on my 2021 303?
        2021 Reflection 303RLS
        Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Will this work on my 2021 303?
          All 7 RV plugs are the same.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I would turn them off when we go to bed, nice to see they have one with a switch although a 5 amp fuse is cheep.
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Dennis66 you can go to the local hardware store and pick up a truck side female connector. From that (you could mount it to the pin box for ease) you can wire the 12V lead to the marker and / or blinkers with a switch (s). This will let you turn the lights on and off easily without having to plug in that "special connector".

The connectors are extremely cheap for the 5 minutes it takes to wire it internally and $1 worth of copper wire.

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-58150-Ve...187635&sr=8-12
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

That was the plan I already have the female connector so putting a switch between the 12 volt and running lights would be easy. If I look hard enough in my shop I'm sure I have a switch. Being I have all LED lights a 5 amp fuse should work.
                2021 Reflection 303RLS
                Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Working...
                X