2021 Reflection 340RDS Lights and Awning Control Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Reflection 340RDS Lights and Awning Control Issue

Has anyone had issues with their lights and awning controls? I have an intermittent issue where the living room lights, step light, porch light, awning light and awning switches all become inoperable on the panel. In addition I can not connect to the control system using the Compass App. The touch panel in the basement does not show the controls either and if you do a system diagnostics-system report the switch controls show off line. Nothing seems to fix including disconnecting the battery and power to reset. Happened twice this weekend. The first time it magically corrected itself overnight, but the second time when we were ready to leave, ended up having to manually retract the awning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Richard and Tina
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2020 RAM 2500 HD Diesel

Originally posted by rpusbach View Post
    Has anyone had issues with their lights and awning controls? I have an intermittent issue where the living room lights, step light, porch light, awning light and awning switches all become inoperable on the panel. In addition I can not connect to the control system using the Compass App. The touch panel in the basement does not show the controls either and if you do a system diagnostics-system report the switch controls show off line. Nothing seems to fix including disconnecting the battery and power to reset. Happened twice this weekend. The first time it magically corrected itself overnight, but the second time when we were ready to leave, ended up having to manually retract the awning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Your 340RDS' floorplan is very similar to the 337RLS'. Based on the 337's CompassConnect wiring, something associated with the Unity 1.5 board is what I suspect is the issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unity Board.JPG
Views:	698
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	52662

The switches on the interface board (the one's you press) are wired to the connector on the top of the board above (where I've marked "IN"). All of the lights are electrically connected to the connector I've marked as "OUT". The awnings are connected to the four large metal pins just to the left of the small white connector.

What I'd check for is a secure connection to the power and ground inputs to this board. They are the two large "nuts" on the upper left. MAKE SURE ALL POWER IS OFF, including the battery disconnect and shore power! Then give a gentle tug on the wires to see if they are firmly crimped to the connector.

If everything looks OK, and if you're comfortable working with electricity, you can try reapplying power and (while someone is monitoring the lights) gently wiggle the connectors on the ground and power. But only do this if you're familiar with electricity--otherwise time to bail and call for a trained RV technician.

Hope this helps somewhat. Note that exactly where this board is at I'm not 100% sure of...5th wheel stuff is normally behind a wall in the basement, curb side, but I'm not postive.

Please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Contact Lippert , the maker of the Compass Connect , they have a great tech team that is willing to help out. They also like feedback when something is not working so they can make updates.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you Howard and Brian. Great information. I spoke with LCI and they think it may be a power issue to the Unity board, as you suggested. I will try to find it tonight and check connections. Hopefully thats all it is and saves a 2 hour trip to the dealer
        Richard and Tina
        2021 Reflection 340RDS
        2020 RAM 2500 HD Diesel

Comment

Thank you Howard ! You nailed it.

It was a loose power connection. Actually there is a 3-way connector right before the power lug that had a loose connection for the wire that connects to the positive port. Was only getting 1.5 volts to the Unity board. Once I put the wire in properly to the connector 12.8 volts and everything works.

You saved me a 4 hour round trip to the dealer.

BTW the Unity is mounted directly behind the basement wall on the entry door size right below the stairs.

Richard and Tina
          2021 Reflection 340RDS
          2020 RAM 2500 HD Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by rpusbach View Post
            Thank you Howard ! You nailed it.

It was a loose power connection. Actually there is a 3-way connector right before the power lug that had a loose connection for the wire that connects to the positive port. Was only getting 1.5 volts to the Unity board. Once I put the wire in properly to the connector 12.8 volts and everything works.

You saved me a 4 hour round trip to the dealer.

BTW the Unity is mounted directly behind the basement wall on the entry door size right below the stairs.
            Awesome. Glad to help.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I just discovered that module in my 303 this afternoon. Checked my trailer docs and I see nothing regarding this module. Is there a manual, or pin out, or some kind of diagram available for these?
              Based on what Howson said the 15A relays are for the awnings. What are the 30A relays usually wired to, what are the inputs on the left for etc..
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy -- I think if you search LCI's website there is generic information on the Unity 1.5 board.

To the readers of this post: keep in mind that the Reflection line's implementation of CompassConnect is different from the Imagine line which is different from the Solitude which is also different from the Momentum, and in that line I even think there's a difference from the big M's to the "small" Gs...it gets really confusing. Bottom line: the info below may only apply to the Unity 1.5 board in the Reflection.

I know on the 337RLS that the small white connector on the 1.5 board is the "5A Latching Out". These, when selected, turn on the device (and leave it on) until commanded to turn off (and leave it off). thus the word "latch" in the title.

There are then four groups of four pins next to the white connector. These groups are "Rev Out" relays, or Reversing Relays. They only stay on as long as the button that triggered them to supply power is held down. (Think awnings, slides, etc).

The first group to the left of the white connector are for Low Current Reversing Relays (awnings).

The next two groups are for slides (these are High Current connectors).

The last group may or may not be used...not sure if they are HC or LC. LCI's documentation may show what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The next two groups are for slides (these are High Current connectors).

The last group may or may not be used...not sure if they are HC or LC. LCI's documentation may show what it is.
                  I was thinking slides but there are two high current 30A relay outputs and I have three slides....

I'll search LCI and see what I can find.
                  Thanks Howson!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                    I was thinking slides but there are two high current 30A relay outputs and I have three slides....

I'll search LCI and see what I can find.
                    Thanks Howson!
                    The third slide is a Schwintek, right? If so it is not controlled by a relay output on this board. I *think* there's a CANBUS connection from the Unity 1.5 to a CANBUS-enabled Schwintek controller. You'll be able to tell if the slide controller has a CANBUS cable (and probably a terminator in the other slot).

The other end of the cable is plugged in to the CANBUS on the Unity and it should have a terminator, too, as the Schwintek and the Unity are the only two items on the bus. (The CANBUS connectors are the two small white connectors, top right of the board.)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                      If you don't find a CANBUS cable connected the Schwintek may be wired "old school" like my 315RLTS (which is wired directly from the Convenience Center Panel switch to the Schwintek controller). I can't see any real gain from either configuration, other than the analog ("old school") being easier to troubleshoot?

Comment

I talked to a GD rep today about a couple broken parts on my trailer (Very good experience there) and while I had him on the phone, I asked about a manual or any documentation on the Unity and he did not think there was really anything out there right now as far as wiring diagrams.
                        I don't need a manual right now but I like to be prepared for when things don't work.

Comment

Working...
                        X