No announcement yet.

Hard battery cut off switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The back wall in the front storage is only about 3/8" thick. The back side, which is located on the drivers side of the pass thru is where you wold want to check for any wires. This wall is not a stud constructed wall just the plywood. One issue with the "true" battery disconnect is to make sure that it is on while traveling. The on board battery does power the emergency brake system in case the RV becomes detached from the tow vehicle, this required by law for any trailer with brakes and over a certain weight.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers thanks for the info on the walls, and got it on the safety issue. My understanding is that my hydraulic system will not work with the switch off, is that correct because that will remind me to switch on.
      Jim Butchko

Comment

Originally posted by JB9321 View Post
        Country Campers thanks for the info on the walls, and got it on the safety issue. My understanding is that my hydraulic system will not work with the switch off, is that correct because that will remind me to switch on.
        Yes that is correct.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I mounted mine in the narrow space between the battery and the back wall due to the concern that the back wall is thin ply or particle board.

Also verified that nothing works without power, so hooking up is not possible (reminder to turn the battery on).
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X