Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to outlets on kitchen slide 2020 315RLTS

2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Arrived to open up the trailer for the summer and found that the Fridge had "no ac". Troubleshooting that let me to discover than none of the outlets on the kitchen slide and beside the couch on the back (total 6 outlets) have no power. I have checked the following:
    • panel breakers and fuses
    • gfi circut (none of these outlets are on the gfi circut
    • checked the wire running out to the slide, no sign of pinching or wear.
    What do I check next?

Thanks
    Ted

The wiring goes from one of the receptacles on the side of the couch out to the slide. I found on ours that there was a bad connection in that receptacle.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Teeder1 View Post
      2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Arrived to open up the trailer for the summer and found that the Fridge had "no ac". Troubleshooting that let me to discover than none of the outlets on the kitchen slide and beside the couch on the back (total 6 outlets) have no power. I have checked the following:
      • panel breakers and fuses
      • gfi circut (none of these outlets are on the gfi circut
      • checked the wire running out to the slide, no sign of pinching or wear.
      What do I check next?

Thanks
      Ted
      Does the outlet under the table have pwr?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes, I've checked all other outlets in the trailer and they work. It is just the 2 at the ends of the couch, 2 in the entertainment area the one between the stove and fridge and then the one the fridge plugs into.

Comment

Brian, was it the outlet on the same side as the slide?

Comment

Yes, I've checked all other outlets in the trailer and they work. It is just the 2 at the ends of the couch, 2 in the entertainment area the one between the stove and fridge and then the one the fridge plugs into.
            OK, then if your trailer is wired the way mine was (OEM), that means there's a break between a dining room outlet and the rest of the circuit. The problem could be in the outlet itself or possibly in the molex connector. (The molex connects the "hard" wire used in most of the RV to the "soft" wire used to get power in the slides.) To access the Molex you'll have to drop the coroplast under the trailer. This thread has some good info: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...solitude-384gk

Search for the term "molex" and you'll find a bunch of other threads on the topic.

Below is a graphic of my 315RLTS (in OEM configuration). Note all the outlets on yellow circuit 3. If the two outlets in the dining room slide work, as previously mentioned the break is somewhere between those outlets and the end table outlets by the couch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Outlet to CB OEM.JPG Views:	0 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	54792
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Brian, I've pulled out both outlets and the look fine. I did not open up the actual socket, can you describe the "bad connection"?

Comment

Brian, I've pulled out both outlets and the look fine. I did not open up the actual socket, can you describe the "bad connection"?
                What I found , and I had to tear apart the outlet , was the paper lining inside the wires , the paper around the ground , was causing me to lose power sometimes. There was also 3 wires inside the box. For this "clamp" style box it is recommended to have 2 wires. The box that I found with the 3 wires in I replaced with a regular home type receptacle. This is not to the RV building code but this was my choice. I also had to use an old work style box to replace the factory box to hold the new receptacle. The reason that there was 3 sets of wires in my box was the main power feed came up thru the floor and the wire for my kitchen slide and also the wire to travel to the opposite side end table all connected here. Your model may be different. I would pull both receptacles and check for 3 wires, this may be where your problem is.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I went through something similar. If it's a 50 amp service, verity that everything on that leg of the circuit works. In my case, the 90 doggone adapter I use was not fully seated causing me to not have power on 1/2 of the circuits.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

To begin, when we did the tour of our new 2020 315 prior to delivery, I used a nightlight to check all the receptacles in and out to ensure they were working. Very soon discovered that the dining/entertainment area of the trailer was not working at any receptacle. The dealer tried resetting the all receptacles, checked fuses and circuit breaker.....nothing good happened. They worked on it and found that the circuit breaker was not clicking in fully and replaced it....all good after that.

So, did the system work fine last year when you closed it? Do you park it where rodents (mice) reside as well? None of the GFI receps have been tripped? All GFI receps engage fully and can dis-engage easily? I would focus on simple, tripped/not proper functioning receptacles, loose wire on a receptacle that is often used or was perhaps used with a strong drawing device at closing time, recheck relevant fuses, circuit breaker not engaging fully, etc. before getting into the heavy stuff. Has dealer or Grand Design indicated what the circuit is for the areas of concern? One other thing, I believe our dealer said that on the 2020 315 the awnings are connected to an interior receptacle circuit....do your awnings work? Back to my initial comment, if all was well when you closed up, thinking something got tripped or perhaps was visited by mice. I do know that it is possible the area where the wires go into the trailer at the tongue (under the hitch) sometimes have a hole easily accessible to mice....the guys assembling the trailer don't caulk fully or perhaps the caulking fell out. We did an exhaustive anti-mice sealing program under and around the trailer once it was delivered to try to deter the little mothers. So far so good.

Anyway, you may be way ahead on this stuff, just thought I would share some thoughts. Good luck.
                    --WJP

Comment

I've been replacing receptacle by receptacle with residential recepticles, and so far no luck. Spoke with GD and they are recommending dropping the coroplast and checking for a bad connection on the kitchen slide below the entertainment center/fireplace. That is the plan for this coming weekend.

Comment

I've been replacing receptacle by receptacle with residential recepticles, and so far no luck. Spoke with GD and they are recommending dropping the coroplast and checking for a bad connection on the kitchen slide below the entertainment center/fireplace. That is the plan for this coming weekend.
                        I would recommend a large bag of zip ties. Once you pull the coroplast down you will find lots of wiring to tidy up.

Neil Citro
                        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Problem solved. Had an electrician come in and he discovered a broken wire between the panel and the 1st outlet on the run. The wire must have been cracked during manufacturing about 3/4 of an inch from where it was pushed into the rv outletl Replaced the outlet with a resedential, along with 3 more outlets and everything is now up and running as the should.

Comment

Working...
                          X