No announcement yet.

One Connect and dimming awning lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Connect and dimming awning lights?

My 337rls has the One Connect system. The awning lights are on the One Connect system. That effectively makes my awning lights on a three way switch with the One Connect and the manual control panel. Wondering if I dropped my awning lights from the One Connect system could I then install a dimmer at my manual control panel like I did with my Imagine trailer?

I don't care if my awning lights are no longer One Connect controllable what I do care about is being able to dim my awning lights.

​​​​
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    Andersen Hitch
    2021 Reflection 337rls

ckreef

Theoretically--absolutely. Easily? Maybe.

The old setup (like on my trailer) uses the switch to interrupt (or pass) +12v. Your trailer uses the panel switch to send a signal (ground?) to the Unity board to tell it to turn on (or off) the light). So the questions are:

1) Can the existing wire from the panel switch be repurposed to pass power? In other words, is the wire a gauge that matches the output side of the Unity board's wiring to the light?

2) Where does the "signal" from the Unity board originate and can it be terminated easily behind the Convenience Center. Note this is not a CANBUS line on the Reflection like it would be on a Solitude, Momentum, or even an Imagine. (That's a good thing for what you want to do.)

3) Where would power be tapped from for this circuit? (Maybe a new wire off the Power Distribution Center, with it's own fuse, to the switch? There's normally plenty of open, unused taps on the board.)

It's definitely possible, but how is not known since no one has successfully completed this mod (or hasn't documented it for the rest of us).

Howard

P.S. You need to update that signature, Charles!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

ckreef Thus far what I have seen in my Reflection wiring is it is all the same size. Thus it SHOULD be possible to convert from the Unity control to switch control.

From what I have seen the unity board uses a state change to determine if it should turn the lights on or off since you can control the light from your phone, the touch screen, or the manual switch. You would need to find the trigger wire at the unity board and the power out wire to the lights. I.E. turn lights on with panel switch and it supplies 12V to the unity board, turn off lights with phone but hard switch is still supplying power to the unity board turn off switch killing 12V to the board and lights come back on.

Now for the complicated part. Since the panel is only suppling a voltage signal to the board there is little to no amperage in the wiring from the control panel to the board. If you look at the unity board, there is a large set of power wires that come in from the battery to feed all of the various things controlled by the board.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I meant to look at the panel when I had the basement apart this weekend, BUT, is there another available dimming circuit on the board. If there is, move it to that. If not, then you'd have to go with the manual switch.
        Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
        2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
        2020 Momentum 351M
        2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by ckreef View Post
          My 337rls has the One Connect system. The awning lights are on the One Connect system. That effectively makes my awning lights on a three way switch with the One Connect and the manual control panel. Wondering if I dropped my awning lights from the One Connect system could I then install a dimmer at my manual control panel like I did with my Imagine trailer?

I don't care if my awning lights are no longer One Connect controllable what I do care about is being able to dim my awning lights.

​​​​
          https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LO...b_b_asin_title
          this is what I used. It is wired at output of one connect. Then you use remote to dim lights.
          2021 Reflection 315RLTS 2012 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD SRW Soon to be retired

Comment

Originally posted by Riley8141 View Post

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LO...b_b_asin_title
            this is what I used. It is wired at output of one connect. Then you use remote to dim lights.
            Awesome! Thanks for the post. I'm going to copy this over the Dimming Lights with an LCI OneControl (GD's CompassConnect) thread.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

so this get connected at the one control panel in the basement? I have this same dimmer on my light over our recliners. Do you have pics of the panel and is it marked for which circuit runs what?
              2021 Reflection 303RLS
              2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
              Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

I installed a remote dimmer between the output of the one control board and the lights. Used a remote dimmer because the one control board is in the basement. Put the remote control in the command center. Worked great. Link to remote dimmer unit:
                RV LIGHTING WS-01DC Wireless Wall Switch and LED Controller with Lead Wire, 1 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LOIZ3Q2...GBCJNA02GEBSKV

Comment

More info and pics of remote dimmer install on One Connect.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ompass-connect

Comment

Working...
                  X