2019 2600 rb electrical schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 2600 rb electrical schematic

Hello.I need to know who I can get in touch with at that might be able to help me find the electrical schematic for my camper.I have a box on the frame,1900 box,with cover off and some splices.Have owned this camper 4 months.I am goin through and checking stuff and would like to know what in the electrical arena has been spliced....etc....

Thank you.

Jre257

Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

As odd as this may seem . . . Grand Design does NOT have electrical schematics. This is "normal" for the RV industry that exists somewhere between vehicle manufacturing and residential construction. They do have electrical "plan" drawings that tell the assembly plant what device or outlet goes where. If you contact their Customer Service (contact info on the upper right of the home page of this forum) with your VIN, they will likely send you this drawing . . . but, it won't tell you much more that what you can observe in a completed trailer. How these things are wired, is left up to the assembly plant.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Jre257 Welcome to the family and the technical forum.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Jre257 View Post
        Hello.I need to know who I can get in touch with at that might be able to help me find the electrical schematic for my camper.I have a box on the frame,1900 box,with cover off and some splices.Have owned this camper 4 months.I am goin through and checking stuff and would like to know what in the electrical arena has been spliced....etc....

Thank you.

I would bet good money that’s the splice for the pigtail that goes to the truck. I think they use an exposed 1900 box for that. The seven conductor pigtail comes in and it breaks down to the wiring for the lights, charging wire and brakes. I wouldn’t trust any color code or convention, I’d test them one by one and map it out. I’ve replaced mine with the below, makes troubleshooting down the road much easier.

MICTUNING Heavy Duty 7 Way Plug Inline Trailer Cord with 7 Gang Junction Box - 8 Feet, Weatherproof https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1FC3WG...E959GJ14XXJETD
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thank you all for all your input and direction.I appreciate it.That does seem weird that there would be no standard for build outs for the trailers,but apparently that is this industry.I can figure it out ,I was just going through and trying to make things proper, and did not like the looks of this 1900 box ,so I just wondered for my own personal amazement.

Thank you!

Comment

I too have noticed this and am not comfortable having a box that is not waterproof nor corrosion resistant. On my to do list of improvements. FYI I have started drawing out my own schematic for this trailer. I will make some changes to the routing and breaker overload for the utility plugs. Appears that they are all on same circuit. I have a 30A entry. Couple more days to go.
            Pierre & Tara
            2021 Imagine 2600RB
            2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
            1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Comment

I towed my Reflection 5er home and during the tweaking of everything I replaced the metal box, wire nuts, and WAGO connectors with a MCTuning junction box. Not complicate, just take your time doing one connection at a time adding the ring terminals after passing the wires through the Grommet.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you all very much for your input,I appreciate it and am glad I am not crazy,lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jre257 View Post
                  Thank you all very much for your input,I appreciate it and am glad I am not crazy,lol
                  Or at least . . . not any crazier than the rest of us.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                    I towed my Reflection 5er home and during the tweaking of everything I replaced the metal box, wire nuts, and WAGO connectors with a MCTuning junction box. Not complicate, just take your time doing one connection at a time adding the ring terminals after passing the wires through the Grommet.
                    I have seen pics of the non-waterproof box, outside on the frame of travel trailers, but you are talking a 5th wheel. Which box are you referring to?
                    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                    Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy On the 5er they used a metal box under front up above the pinbox. When I opened the box to look (I hate trailer wiring) i noticed the nest of wiring joined by various means. Since this is the main pigtail connection to the rest of the camper, Decided it was time to cut my losses before the critters got in there or something started having issues (again lots of wire nuts, and WAGO connectors). Pulled out the metal box and went for the ring terminal stud box.

This is the box they used for the pigtail to trailer junction box. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...rts/detail/906
                      This was in one side, https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...rts/detail/457 and a handful of various wiring sizes came in on the other.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2
                        Ah yes. In the pinbox. While I'm not saying I'd use them outdoors, those wago connectors are quite good in a dry environment. We used them on PLC wiring at work when terminal block space became limited. Over the last 15 years I did not experience any failures (dry indoor location). I'll have to go take a look in my pinbox and see. Should be the same as yours seeing as we have the same model and year.
                        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                        Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Yea that picture of the j box is what we call 1900 box,they are not very costly at...

Comment

Working...
                          X