2021 GD Momentum 351 Generator Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 GD Momentum 351 Generator Question

We are new to the fifth wheel family and are taking her out for an extended trip for the first time. My question is whether I can (or should) run the generator while traveling (we have the residential refrigerator).

Originally posted by C.R.SMITH View Post
    My question is whether I can (or should) run the generator while traveling (we have the residential refrigerator).
    Welcome to the forum! There's a post here for newcomers that (hopefully) helps get you up-to-speed on this forum. Find it here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

If your 5th wheel came with a residential fridge, you should have an inverter that will allow you to run the fridge from your batteries while traveling. Some people leave the inverter powered on all the time. Others just turn it on for travel days. Either way, as long as your batteries are charged prior to disconnecting from shore power, you shouldn't need to run the generator while traveling.

In our 2019 Solitude with the residential fridge and two batteries, we could travel for 6-8 hours with the fridge running from the inverter with no problems. Do you know where the power switch is for your inverter?
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

If you need to run the generator to keep items like the air conditioner running, it should not be a problem. Just make sure to shut it off when refueling. But the residential reefer should be able to run on it's own if you have the built in inverter.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

No issues with running it. We keep it running with the ACs to keep it cool.
        Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
        2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
        2020 Momentum 351M
        2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Working...
        X